Naked iPad

chokem

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2012
Searcy, AR
I'm tempted, but I'm also OCD when it comes to my devices, so I keep it in a case. Also a major consideration is the resale value of a mint or near mint device.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I'm tempted, but I'm also OCD when it comes to my devices, so I keep it in a case. Also a major consideration is the resale value of a mint or near mint device.
Yeah that's my problem as well. All my devices are in MINT/PREEMO condition. I have 5 year old devices that still look new.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I did with my old 1st gen iPad whenever I was at home, but had a case for travel. Right now I have a smart cover for my new iPad that's mostly for propping the iPad up for viewing/typing.

I have a back case coming so soon it'll have a case on it.

Scottyee

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Not willing to go totally naked, but nearly:
(clear) skin on back only + Apple smart cover to help protect the naked screen during transport.
I take my near naked iPad everywhere I go, in either a Muzetto Waterfield Bag or STM Jacket.
I also got Apple Care+ which includes accidental damage replacement coverage, so this alleviates any worries.
Worth the cost for the peace of mind. :)

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
Naked until my first iPad slid off the bed and hit the floor.
Nothing happed but I got religion.

Bought a Chinese leather case with a magnetic clasp.
The clasp put a dent in the back shell of the iPad

Handful of clips and a new shell and we were back on the road again.

Ever since every iPad has been in a Scosche foldIO case

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-foldIO-Leather-Texture-IPD2FLBK/dp/B004QMA878

Has kept the front and back protected and looking like new.

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
You have too much time in your hands.

----------

Naked until my first iPad slid off the bed and hit the floor.
Nothing happed but I got religion.

Bought a Chinese leather case with a magnetic clasp.
The clasp put a dent in the back shell of the iPad

Handful of clips and a new shell and we were back on the road again.

Ever since every iPad has been in a Scosche foldIO case

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-foldIO-Leather-Texture-IPD2FLBK/dp/B004QMA878

Has kept the front and back protected and looking like new.
That's nice, might get it!

migdaddy

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2012
I did the first week, but having a portfolio type of case that I can use on my lap when I'm on the couch or in bed is much easier than having To hold it up? Spek FitFolio no screen protector

fullstop102

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
Yep

Totally naked for all my devices. iPad, iPhone, MBP. I feel Applewent to the trouble to make it thin and feel right in the hand, so that's how I keep it. I just take care of them. No scratches on any of them.

iKIKO

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2011
Totally naked for all my devices. iPad, iPhone, MBP. I feel Applewent to the trouble to make it thin and feel right in the hand, so that's how I keep it. I just take care of them. No scratches on any of them.
same here, and not a single problem. idevices can take it really good.

mikeos

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2011
UK
I have a first gen iPad and and initially I used it naked, but I found it quite slippery and slightly uncomfortable to hold. Now I use an iluv skin on the back. It looks good, it's unobtrusive and very grippy.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2011
Proview smart case here, a smart cover with full protection for the back as well. I take the iPad everywhere with it, affordable, light & not bad looking.

Aljovido

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2008
Brooklyn
Naked and proud. I bought cheap $8 sleeve for transport in my backpack. Have a smartcover but they are somewhat annoying and tend to get in the way, so I grabbed a $5 stand off eBay, couldn't be happer. Still in perfect shape!

My iPhone 4 is also naked. Feels really good in my hand.

It all started when my iPhone 4 bumper scratched my phone. I realized that since I never sell any of my old electronics anyways, so there is no point trying to keep it perfect (I become too attached :D).

I watch all my poor friends with skins/cases/screen protectors and realize that they never get to feel their devices as they were intended. They keep the cases on, and somehow some grain of sand gets in there or a big drop and it ruins everything anyways. All those countless weeks spent suffering trying to protect their devices, and they end up more messed up in the end anyways! Might as well enjoy them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.