Naked iPhone users...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2macORnot2mac, Sep 17, 2017.

1. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

If you get the X, would you put a case on it? Mainly due to the higher cost of it.

2. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

I've never been a naked iPhone user, though I occasionally do use my iPhone while nude. I certainly will continue that behavior when I get my X-rated iPhone. It's a dangerous world out there, so my iPhones need some protective garb. It's the same reason I don't cook in the nude - I'm not a fan of splattering hot fat or boiling water on my tender flesh.

3. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

I love this thread title, "naked iphone users...." Obviously every naked iphone users will respond with same answer. lol.

4. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

I normally use a case, but if I get any of these glass backed iPhones, especially the X, I'll carry it around without a case much of the time. With it being glass, and one journalist saying it was easier to grip than the aluminum models, I will be able to handle it easier. I used cases on the iPhone 6 Plus and 6s Plus and 7 because they were so slippery and prone to nicks and gouges otherwise. I'm not as concerned about microscratches on the steel band around the X. On the glass, I've read that scratches could weaken the glass over time, but I carried an iPhone 4 around without a case with no problems for almost three years.

My Samsungs are sometimes in cases, sometimes not. I actually felt it was safer to go without a case on my S8+ at the beach. Sand that would lightly brush off would have been trapped and ground into the phone in a case.

I, myself, will be fully clothed. You're welcome.

5. Speechless macrumors 6502a

pics or it didn't happen.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I Never use cases. I prefer the iPhone in the state that it was made.

7. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

It's the protruding camera for me - means I can't use the thing flat on a surface, & I'd always be paranoid of scratching the camera lense (despite it being the toughest glass around).

Also, being able to flip the thing over without worrying about the 'weaker' glass being scratched + it'll now prevent FaceID 'allegedly' detecting my face whilst facing up.

& because I work as a technician, my work environment can get a bit dirty, so it's also my way of keeping the thing clean & protected whilst housed in a slim, minimalist case.

8. Mr.Blacky macrumors 6502

After reading the headline, I tought it would end with something like „...where do you keep your phone?”
    Disapointed... :(

9. Geert76 macrumors 68000

10. MjWoNeR macrumors 6502

MjWoNeR

Oh man you are so missing out! Partners tend to be very appreciative! :p

11. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

Zune55

But people for fast wireless charging you will need to remove the case/cover because with s7 edge wirelessly charging the phone is slow. Also don't know whether apple supports wireless charging with case/cover or not.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2017 ---
    Do you know about fast wireless charging whether it be done with or without case on 8 or X?

12. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

Serving what I cook is far less hazardous, and they're even more appreciative after sampling the results. The way to anyone's heart is through their senses.

13. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

Zune55

Before women used to say way to man's heart is through stomach :)

14. Izauze macrumors 6502

I've always rolled naked, but I've considered casing up for the X. Maybe something so small/non-intrusive that you can barely tell it's there.

Then again, the guy above makes a good point about how with the glass case that there's a lot less to scratch up.

15. throAU macrumors 603

throAU

16. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

No plans to put a case on it. Going to roll with it naked as always.

17. ApfelKuchen, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017

ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

Uploaded/attached pics prove it happened? What internet have you been living on?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2017 ---
    More than half the fun getting to the stomach is.