Naked iPhones - photos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by virginblue4, Jan 4, 2015.

1. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

So my iPhone 6 is the first iPhone that I am not using a case (still using a screen protector). I haven't been able to bring myself to do it before, but I've purchased AppleCare+ so if anything does happen, it'll only cost £55.

Can people post photos of their iPhone 6 / 6 Plus (specifically the back of the phone) after using it naked for a while, so I can see how they hold up.

I baby my phone, but just wanna see how bad they look if they get any scratches on the back.

2. Dave Meadows macrumors 68030

Dave Meadows

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Thanks for posting. What kind of case do you use?

I heard a lot of people saying that but now that I have mine, I don't mind that to be the case.

5. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I'm the exact opposite, the 6+ is the first iPhone I've had a case for. Too slippery and big to not have one IMO.

6. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

No it's not.

7. EOB, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015

EOB macrumors regular

I hate using cases on my iPhone, since I purchased apple care I do not use a case. Instead I applied a clear protector all around my phone(similar to zagg) and the slippery issues are gone, gives my phone a better grip and wraps around the curviness of the iPhone. It took me a lot longer to apply since it is curved, but well worth it and you cant beat free lifetime replacements (they send you a new one if it starts to peel off).

Best $5-7 dollars spent from amazon. Brand name is Skinomi.
    [​IMG]

8. Dave Meadows macrumors 68030

Dave Meadows

I've just got the BookBook for iPhone 6 plus. Expensive (£50) but really lovely. It's a leather case with a separate case? I'll try n post a photo. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420411172.308435.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420411200.362955.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420411223.494800.jpg

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Launch week iPhone 6+ used with a leather pouch all the time bar the first two weeks. Naked while using it.

The phone is flawless - no scratches on screen or scuffs anywhere on the back or sides.

It's not hard to keep it looking nice, just don't drop it (it's really not that slippery!) and don't lay it down on/put it in a pocket with things that are going to scratch it.

10. Dave Meadows macrumors 68030

Dave Meadows

Which leather pouch?

11. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Issentiel Allure for iPhone 6 Plus - unfortunately it seems like they've already stopped making it! I really like it, solid pull tab, nice bright red colour that hasn't discoloured (unlike Apple's red case...) and a fairly rigid construction.

EDIT: They only make it for the standard 6 now: http://www.issentiel.co.uk/iphone-6-leather-case-red-allure.html

12. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Not my kind of case, but it actually looks pretty cool!

I don't find it slippery either. I've got a soft microfibre pouch that I use while it is in my pocket and I lay the phone on top the the pouch when putting it down on a table etc, so hopefully mine should be fine too :)

13. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Got mine on 12/13, no case. Still flawless:

Attached Files:

14. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

15. rcherryuk macrumors newbie

Agreed, mine is on a Seidio belt holster, no case, no problems

16. Kidder1994 macrumors regular

What is that, my gosh! i want that so badly .__.

17. bushido Suspended

bushido

there r a few minor bumps on mine, not gonna lie but u can barely spot them if you arent looking for them

The Apple Logo has a few light scratches too but you cannot make it out on the pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. jozeppy26 macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

Could you post a photo of the back of the iPhone in the black case but outside the leather case cover?

----------

I've used cases periodically on my past iPhones and almost Always resort to using them "naked" after awhile. The ONLY concern I have with my iPhone 6 plus however, is the camera lens. It protrudes from the device and without a case would be the primary resting point on the device when laying it on any surface. I realize the lens glass is super duper crazy scratch resistant but dang, there's always a limit.

19. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

It's about time they made it detachable. The 5/5S case was awful b.c it clipped into a case built into the bookbook.

20. Dave Meadows macrumors 68030

Dave Meadows

Here you go;

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420481454.131676.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420481480.066617.jpg

21. jozeppy26 macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

Thanks buddy :cool:

22. caesarp macrumors 6502a

I don't have a way to show you a photo of the back of my 6 plus right now, but its in perfect condition. No case, no protector, nothing. I've had my 6 plus (space gray) since October 4th (over 3 months). I keep the plus in my pocket, throw it down on my desk, it bangs around in my car in a slot near the dashboard. I've bumped it into a metal lamp, dropped it onto wood from a low height and placed it down hard accidentally on various surfaces, including metal. In fact I store it in a metal tray at home, where I throw my keys, etc. Not ONE scuff or scratch. It definitely holds up way better than the 5 (I had it in black)-- which had a couple of marks on the edge (which is why Apple doesn't do that color or the chamfered edge anymore).

Cases are not needed for the 6. Period.

----------

Its all a matter of getting used to something different. Its not slippery, just different. Once you get used to it, its fine.

23. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Is it just me, or does anyone else just see the words "naked" and "photos" at first when they look at the title of this thread?

24. Bako-MacAddict, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015

Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Lol, is a product RED phone haha, customized it

Attached Files:

25. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I tried something like that in the past, but after a while it will start collecting dirt.......