craigdawg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Sactown

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
They probably would have been more intimidated if he came out with a Speed-o instead of a sword.

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Right back where I started...
...in other news we have found out that the 'sword' was actually a letter opener and the neighbors we not 'afraid' but shocked at how small the letter opener was. No one was threatened outside of the neighbors cat. All are now laughing about it over a few pints.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Yikes... the first thing I thought of reading that headline was the classic (bad) Russ Meyer movie Beyond the Valley of the Dolls... the end involves a she-male running around topless with a sword killing everyone in sight.

This movie singlehandedly demonstrated that while Roger Ebert is a good movie critic, he should never be allowed to WRITE a movie again.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I took you on your word, that it was a sword.

Chances are the neighbor was under the influence of some type of medication. Another up for the stupid award. Wonder if he has any children?

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
ThomasJefferson said:
Can't believe the patriot act left out a section naked men bearing swords.
I'm not worried about those, I'm worried about the pale/fat white men wearing a speed-o in public.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
dsharits said:
Was he drunk or just stupid?

Daniel
Both?

wdlove said:
Chances are the neighbor was under the influence of some type of medication. Another up for the stupid award. Wonder if he has any children?
I hope he doesn't have kids, for the sake of the human race. Darwin Award contender it would seem.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
two and a half foot sword!!

he should get into the adult entertainment industry since he more than doubles john holmes or dirk diggler ;)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
firewizard said:
this should be hilarious in court....
"The State of Iowa vs. NakedSteel"
ROFL, yes, esp. if he constantly insisted on referring to himself in the third person, during court!

"Naked Steel prefers to see Naked Steel as a defender of American Family Values. You have accused Naked Steel of indecency, but let Naked Steel ask you, what is the real indecency? One naked man with a sword, or the decline of the culture of chivalry?"

:D

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
clayjohanson said:
Yikes... the first thing I thought of reading that headline was the classic (bad) Russ Meyer movie Beyond the Valley of the Dolls... the end involves a she-male running around topless with a sword killing everyone in sight.
Great. Just as I was about to finally watch BTVOTD, you give away the ending. ;) I feel like getting even: in Citizen Kane, Rosebud is his sleigh. So there. Have fun watching that movie now....

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
jsw said:
Great. Just as I was about to finally watch BTVOTD, you give away the ending. ;) I feel like getting even: in Citizen Kane, Rosebud is his sleigh. So there. Have fun watching that movie now....
And Soylent Green is people. :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Lord Blackadder said:
I'd say let's start a lobby for that but it's probably already been done....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Maybe all sharp objects should be banned. :D

We already have many laws, just enforce those that exist. Public nudity is enough to put him away for a while.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
wdlove said:
Maybe all sharp objects should be banned. :D
Don't forget point-ed sticks.

Of course, maybe we need to know how to defend ourselves against someone armed with fresh fruit before we move on to advanced subject matter like point-ed sticks.