Naked Without Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MICHAELSD, Sep 11, 2015.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Well, Apple has done it. The Apple Watch, much like the iPhone, is the next Apple device I can't live without. In fact, the Apple Watch has become more of a cornerstone in my life than my Mac and much more so than the iPad. For point of reference I had sold my iPad Air which I used for a double-digit amount of hours total, purchased an iPad Air 2 on Black Friday, never opened it and sold it -- so not every Apple product is an instant essential for me. Thus, for me at least the Apple Watch is the most crucial new Apple product since the iPhone.

Sure, I had been a watch fanatic prior to the Apple Watch but I only wore a watch out on certain occasions. To be blunt I enjoyed collecting watches more so than wearing them (who needs time on their wrist in 2015? ;)). Yet, I find the Apple Watch incredibly versatile and find myself enjoying simply checking it for time. Frankly, the third-party apps have been practically useless (taking far too long to load, even the Weather app) but hopefully watchOS 2 solves my main issue with the Apple Watch.

Much like a phone or even a stuffed animal back in adolescent days, once you feel naked without a certain item you know that item has become essential to your life. I'm sure the majority of owners that gave Apple Watch a chance have come to the same decision, and feel odd without wearing it.

2. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

This is what my naked without my apple watch looks like... I hate it lol. I do think I rock that watch tan though :D

Attached Files:

3. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Hmm.. interesting. I can't say I'll feel naked without it but the first thing I do every morning is putting it on.

4. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

I picked up a 42MM Sport even though I kept telling myself not to and I expected i'd like it but I didn't expect how much. I have a dev account so i'm using WatchOS 2 and I can't be without it. Always on my wrist. IMO apple hit a home run with the watch and it's only the beginning.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I had stopped wearing watches about 2 years ago, for a variety of reasons, with the AW, I wear that every day. I find it has more utility and usefulness then my prior watch that I had for a while - the Fitbit Surge. While I cannot credit the AW for getting me to wear a watch every day, that honor does go to the Surge, I am enjoying what it can offer over the Surge (or any other smart watch)

6. deany, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015

deany macrumors 68030

deany

the last time I left my 'sport' off my wrist (except on charge stand) I put in my jacket pocket.

1/2 hour later it was accidently dropped onto tarmac which caused it to have a completely smashed screen!

Just got my new replacement yesterday, two weeks later.

These things are definitely made to wear!

7. bluegt macrumors newbie

Been without my Apple Watch for 3 weeks now - Apple support is horrible in Asia, not like the US and Europe.

Really missing it and I sometimes get 'phantom vibrations' from my old automatic watch!

8. Aniseedvan macrumors 65816

I'd feel odd without a watch, and left mine at home when I went on holiday, and took my Garmin. Did miss the additional functionality though.
    Really hoping the devs have their updated apps ready soon after Wednesday (assuming they have to recode them to run on the watch) as my biggest bugbear too - far too slow to open.

9. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Congratulations, you've been transformed into an Apple Bot :D

10. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I use screenshots of my modular display as a sort of "on this day I was at this location at this time and the weather was..." It's a fun way to annotate a FB post or other to divide up the pics in my photo album.

I do take some days off from wearing my Apple Watch because some summer days have been too unbearably hot and humid and my wrist needed a break.

11. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

That's a really good idea... Especially for a frequent traveler!

I live in Florida so I definitely get the hot and humid thing. However, I have this compulsion to fill my activity rings every day, so I have to wear the watch! :)

12. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I got away from filling the fitness rings because I dropped and broke my iPhone screen and had to have it sent away for a week for replacement. They weren't able to repair it in store that week because their calibration equipment was down. I also had issues with the phone that made me think we needed to do a factory reset and start fresh. But we are just putting that off until I get my new iPhone next week.

I'm going to be filling those rings soon, too. I was losing weight until I broke my iPhone. It will be time to get back into filling those rings. I want to lose 15 pounds and firm up.

13. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I am now without mine. I have worn it all day, everyday since April when it was delivered on opening day... It is in for warranty work, there is an inconsistency on the sapphire screen that is visible when smuggled (when the screen is clean, it is invisible). They only took the SS watch, and gave me my sport band to keep. 7-10 day wait, I don't like it...

14. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Sometimes I get naked and wear only an Apple Watch...does that count?

15. Enmanuel macrumors regular

Enmanuel

I think it has completely changed the way I perceived watch wearing. I love watches, always have, and already didn't feel comfortable living the house without one on. But I put them on when I was leaving the house and took em off as soon as I got home. With the Apple watch I leave it on all day except for showering and sleep. I even put it on right when I get up even if im staying in bed watching movies like I did today for a lazy sunday. I find the convenience of being able to leave my phone in th nightstand and walk around the house and still get my notification and quick info so great. I resisted getting a watch until a few weeks ago and in that short time I've completely come around to loving it, I;m so glad i went with eh 42SS, and can't wait to WOS2.