Name for Non ID3 mp3 tracks in Itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by henrika, Apr 11, 2009.

1. henrika macrumors newbie

I recently had a HD disaster, all my music (aprox 50000 tracks) got lost. With FileSalvage I got them back, problem is they all lost their id´s, now they are displayed by number. Musicrenamer works on the ones with id3 tag, but I´m still up the creek without the proper instrument.

Itunes wont let me get the tracknames as the music wasnt imported using itunes.

Anyone know if there´s a way around this? Third party software to get tracknames? I need acces to gracenote or similar database..

Im running a mac.

:eek:

2. henrika thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Meatball macrumors regular

I know it's too late however make sure you backup data in the future, an external hard drive is ideal.

4. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

You don't really need a backup for music. If he just lost 50,000 songs, all he has to do is rip his collection of about 4,000 CDs again. This time in AAC. :D

5. henrika thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I did that once with realplayer (and later with iTunes), on and off it took me the better part of a year, don´t want to do that again.:(

On another note, the script did not turn out to be the solution, any suggestions are welcome:eek:

ant it was the external HD that crashed and burned