Name one thing you hate about the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cdesigns, Nov 19, 2008.

1. cdesigns macrumors 6502

Well for me is that I can't maintain my screen clean. DAMN greasy fingers

What about you?

2. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

It forgets the music I play. I use smart playlists extensively, to repopulate the tracks as they play, so this becomes extremely annoying!

3. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

No FileBrowser/Access.

I would love to upload pics to MR - but alas it isn't so :(

5. capoeirista macrumors 6502

It only vibrates once in silent mode. It is easy to miss especially if you are walking around/leave it on the desk when there is background noise. My old phone used to vibrate 3 times and was more dificult to miss.

(Oh and in before the 'huhuhuhuh vibration' jokes. :rolleyes:)

6. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

7. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

8. unixfool macrumors 6502a

Gonna have to agree with this one. Not saying that everyone here is whining but in some of the other threads, the whining is VERY apparent.

A unique answer:

Battery life.

I can barely go two days without recharging. I know you can tune the phone to lessen battery usage but I shouldn't have to tune this (especially by turning off a needed function) to get it to sip power. If I follow that train of thought, I'd be turning functions on and off every time I have to make a call, send a text, send an e-mail, or browse the 'net...that's ridiculous.

9. idesign245 macrumors 6502

10. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

11. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Nice! I do think the phone could have improvements, but overall it is great!

12. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

This is interesting, this is one of the reasons I love the Iphone.

13. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

- weak vibrate
    - no external LED
    - slow OS (can take up to 10 seconds to load texts, for example)
    - unreliable email fetching (a 2.1 bug)
    - no push gmail (also Google's fault)

14. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Wow. The vibrate on mine is strong, and what do you need an LED for? The whole phone is external.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My biggest complaint is the low call volume. I sometimes have a hard time hearing the person on the other end of my calls.

16. KratosKilla macrumors regular

LAck of...

Flash and the constant crash of Safari. Would be nice to see safari updated.
    Also the fact that I can't update my apps on my iphone.

17. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

I miss way too many calls and texts because the vibration is so weak I don't feel it.

An LED is important for showing you that you have a missed call/text - I shouldn't have to press the home button to check for notifications. It's like the difference between push and fetch email - I don't want to have to check the phone, the phone should tell me I have a notification without me doing anything.

18. shiseiryu1 macrumors 6502

The phone feature.

Interestingly the phone feature of the iPhone is my least favorite. The handset isn't loud enough, the speakerphone could be louder, and it feels uncomfortable against my ear. However, with that said, that's why when I do talk on my phone I almost always use the earphones because it negates those problems. :)

I would also add that the battery life is poor...especially when the phone feature is used.

19. techguy1 macrumors regular

"Name one thing you hate about the iPhone" :-

Paying the monthly bill :cool:

20. troublesomekila macrumors member

When I had my iPhone at first I hated the lack of MMS and video recording, but I forgot about those when they released 2.0 :)

21. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

safari instability - any time you try to view a page with lots of photos it crashes.... im guessing this is a memory issue

no landscape keyboard for text messaging........ WHY DONT WE HAVE THIS YET?

22. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

I'm not really sure there's anything about it that I hate. Hates a strong word- A word I would use to describe my Windows Mobile experiences prior to the iPhone.

I do have a small wishlist, with the top item being native integration with the iDisk and file syncing. I'm aware of 3rd party solutions and use them extensively but I feel this is something that should be integrated into the phone right out of the box. Storing documents on the iPhone and being able to view them is exceedingly important to me. The only native solution seems to be using Mail or iPhoto to get them on there, neither of which is satisfying.

Honestly, both MMS and copy/paste are at the bottom of the list for me. Most of the work I do on a computer I prefer to do on a computer due to its complexity so copy/paste aren't an issue. And despite having used cell phones for around 12 years I've rarely used MMS. I know there are a lot of hard core texters out there but my needs for exchanging media on the iPhone have been met by e-mail.

23. sexyfoolxx macrumors member

phone app

I can't stand that when you end a phone call the phone automatically sleeps without closing the phone app. It drives me nuts the next time i go to use my phone!