Name The Best Zombie Game...

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Huntn, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

...you've ever played?

Zombie games are spouting like maggots in a corpse! :) For me it would have to be Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2. They are incredibly good, their strength is a coop campaign. Recently I tried that zombie game on an island where you were forced to stand still while aiming.

2. Passenger13 macrumors newbie

Zombie Town is a new Facebook simulation game that enables players to construct and manage a zombie town where they can build structures of distinct functions,

3. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Plants vs Zombies :p, probably not what you were looking for but it's by far my favorite zombie game.

4. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

5. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Definitely Resident Evil. RE4 on the Wii together with a friend was the last 'no, I don't go to sleep now' game for me - a lot of screaming and yelling included - and I'm by far not the screamer-type. Pure hell in my memory..graphics wasn't sth. to talk loud about but the overall atmosphere, very large tv-screen and the controller made it perfect.

6. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

if you mean real zombie, left 4 dead 1,2 are great. or try out dead island as well. but if you mean any kind of zombie no matter what, then dead space 1,2 are superb. especially, for summer, dead space 1,2 are the best way to feel fear. sound is amazing as hell!

7. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

This is an outstanding RTS game, but not what I was thinking of. ;)

I think this was the one that froze you to the ground when you aimed. After playing L4D1&2, I could not abide by it. I heard the new one unsticks you. :)

I'll have to check for a demo. Coop campaign?

Dead Space is excellent, but don't know if I can technically classify that as zombie.

8. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

Dead Island does have co-op campaign, I really enjoyed it although the story was dragging a bit towards the end. Good game though and it's cheap now too.

9. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Not sure what you mean..:eek:...but the first RE (playstation) defined the whole genre imho. Maybe I'm too old, though and the younger generations don't even know about it. Shocking! :eek:

By the way, I'm not gaming anymore, but saw Breaking Bad Season 4 last weekend and noticed that Jesse was playing some shooter Rage ( I had to look it up actually)! That looked scary, too. With the laser gun, reminded me a bit on the Wii-controller i liked a lot with RE4..

10. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

I stand corrected, it is RE5 I am thinking of. When you pull up a weapon to aim, you can no longer move from your current position until you stopped aiming. After playing a game like L4D, I could not abide by that limitation. But it has outstanding visuals.

[​IMG]

11. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Ahh, now I get it, one could move while shooting in RE4, yes. But I've to admit that the zombies watched my back most of the time anyway. Just joking. But while aiming, don't know actually..would have been even more claustrophobic.. I didn't play 5, though.

12. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

The Nazi-Zombies mode of CoD, Plants vs Zombies, and the Resident Evil Wii game. Sure it was a rails game, but not having to worry about moving meant I could concentrate 100% on blasting those ******!

13. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Tru, there were two Residents available for Wii..

But speaking about rails-games:
    House of the Dead was awesome back then, but I was way too young..and everybody who doesn't remember this fellow is def. younger than 20years..

Attached Files:

14. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

But after playing a game like L4D that requires you to be nimble on your toes, RE feels absolutely primitive. :)

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Zombies are in lots of games, but my favourite game where zombies (or infected) are the focus - Left 4 Dead. I've put too many hours into it.

It's not perfect. There's a perfect zombie game (for me) that I'd love to play. And if nobody makes it - I will!

16. Rychy, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012

Rychy macrumors 6502

Resident Evil 4 and the first Left 4 Dead. I think I've played through RE4 seven or eight times. Loved L4D, it's one of the few games I played a ton online ... for some reason I didn't get into the second one nearly as much.

17. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

He looks like an educated zombie. :)

18. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

That is true. I forgot about L4D. I this that's because I played RE with my buddy in the navy, so it was one of the few times I saw him. I'll admit, I'm biased.

19. MonkeyCookie macrumors newbie

I rather enjoy Space Pirates and Zombies, especially now that a Mac version has been released. It's certainly not a typical zombie game though.

To my amazement, the game can run pretty well on my late-2007 Macbook. I was expecting it to really crawl on integrated graphics that old, but it is quite playable.

20. arashb macrumors 6502

Counter strike + zombie mod :D, but it has to be a server where you can shoot furniture to move it. I wasted too much of my life on those servers :p.

21. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Not Mac, but the gamecube version of Resident Evil, the first one, its the best Ive ever played