Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cara140

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2011
Can't wait to get rid of my BB Tour

I want to throw my BB Tour against the wall. Good phone at first but have had nothing but problems for past 6 months and have had at least 2 replacement phones. I hope I get the iphone on Monday like the tracking sheet says!:D

J-K

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2011
LG enV Touch - Worst touchscreen ever and on my fourth replacement because of it

tophat1

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2011
Same here, and yes, the trackball was crap. I am soooo glad to get rid of that phone, it's been ok but the constant lagging and lockups, not to mention the routine random restarts have me wanting something different.

Yup, I went from loving that phone to really really really hating it. I was hoping something would go wrong with it so I could get an Incredible under warranty replacement. Unfortunately, my problems were mostly software. I had some serious lag and ghost calls.

What really annoyed me is how much work it was to maintain that phone. First, I was told that if I wanted to gain speed, I needed to root it, which is not that easy a process and also a bit nerveracking. Secondly, I had several apps just to manage apps, and had to use a task killer otherwise my battery would be dead in 2 hours. Third, I had to use this crappy software (Salling Media Sync) to put my music on, and each sync would take about an hour because I wasn't paying for the full version.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
Mine is an AT&T iPhone 4. It replaced an LG Venus from Verizon. After terrible service (both customer and network) I decided to give the competitor a try. I've never been happier.

Eric374

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2006
Wichita, Kansas
Yup, I went from loving that phone to really really really hating it. I was hoping something would go wrong with it so I could get an Incredible under warranty replacement. Unfortunately, my problems were mostly software. I had some serious lag and ghost calls.

What really annoyed me is how much work it was to maintain that phone. First, I was told that if I wanted to gain speed, I needed to root it, which is not that easy a process and also a bit nerveracking. Secondly, I had several apps just to manage apps, and had to use a task killer otherwise my battery would be dead in 2 hours. Third, I had to use this crappy software (Salling Media Sync) to put my music on, and each sync would take about an hour because I wasn't paying for the full version.

I totally feel your pain. I went through all that crap as well, rooted the phone, tried all the custom ROM's, and guess what? It's still a pos. It was cool when I first got it, as it was my first smartphone, but the lag on that phone even when overclocked is just ridiculous. My biggest beef with it is even with all the tweaking and adjusting to the thing I still have calls that come in, the phone rings, screen stays black, and I can't answer the call no matter what. So, I have to call people back and hope that they're still there. OR, sometimes the phone doesn't even ring at all, even if it's just sitting beside me when I'm on the couch, not even touching it. The only way I know I've missed a call is the fact that Google Voice gives me a "missed call" notification, and the phone didn't even ring! Sure, I can check my email, surf the web, etc, but the phone function should be #1 priority IMHO.

Jman14

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

My iPhone replaced the previous iPhone. But before I ever got an iPhone I had a Blackberry Pearl.

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
My iPhone 4 replaced my blackberry bold. Battery life and email were great on blackberry but everything else absolutely stunk.

vinnymac001

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2011
The Verizon iPhone 4 that is sitting in a FedEx warehouse no more than 15 minutes away from me, but won't be getting here until Monday will replace my Samsung Omnia.

Back when I got it, on paper it was everything a smartphone should be and more... 5MP Camera, WiFi, 3G, flash (via the downloadable browser SkyFire), optical mouse, Music Player, 8GB internal storage and microSD card slot that would hold up to a 16GB chip. However, in practicality, the sluggish, overly complicated layout of the Windows Mobile 5.1 operating system was utter crap. The music player was **** to deal with, 16GB microSD cards are not cheap, SkyFire was sluggish, WiFi was a bitch to configure and the sluggish Windows Mobile OS didn't help... it was a mess. I will remark positively on my camera and optical mouse though; they proved to be great and will be missed as I move on.

I have been waiting for the iPhone to come to vzw for ages, and it's finally here. I haven't been this excited since my MacBook Pro!

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
HTC Droid Eris. It hasn't been a terrible phone, but only because it's rooted and as others have said takes a good deal of maintaining. Of course the worst thing about the phone is actually using it as a phone.

OldGeek

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2011
LG Voyager, ugh. Finally gonna have a smartphone. I've been carrying both an iTouch and my phone for a long time

Same here, can't wait to carry one device.
Have the BB Torch for work, ok but not an IPhone.

Creibold

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2006
The Original Motorola Droid - which, while novel at the time, has greatly lost it's performance.

Johnny Gilligan

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
Utica, NY
LG EnV Touch

This phone treated me well for almost two years. I'll be putting it to rest this Tuesday night. Funny how phones only last a few years. Like there is a Two year time bomb built in. I can't wait till the UPS truck arrives!

cracker

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2007
Iphone 4 will be replacing a Motorola Razr I've been lugging around the last four years. I've never owned a smart phone and I've never had a data plan. So this phone should definitely be a breath of fresh air.

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
Monday by 10:30 it'll replace a Blackberry Pearl. The Pearl will be buried in the snow and won't be seen again until the Spring thaw.

lpj8

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2002
This will replace my Motorola Droid. Not that I didn't like it, but my son shattered the screen, and now I need a new phone. I've been waiting for an iPhone on Verizon a while. Had the 3GS for AT&T but the service just didn't work out for me.

I'll miss the free GPS, Voice Search, and the larger screen of the Droid.

Can't wait for better integration with my Mac, more polished UI, better camera, higher res screen, and integrated iPod.

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
What ? ok...if you want a downgrade I guess.

I have a rooted EVO woth custom rom, this phone is hands down the best smartphone available today still. My brother and Sister both have the iPhone4, and it feels outdated and stale compared to my phone, plus the tiny wristwatch size screen sucks on the iPhone4.

poor battery life, sluggish slow performance, lower quality camera, poor pixel density in comparison to iPhone...sounds like the only advantages you have is 4G when it comes to things that arent just personal preference

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.