Nano price question

Discussion in 'iPod' started by rockdog, Apr 18, 2007.

1. rockdog macrumors member

rockdog

When Apple transitioned to the 2nd Gen iPod Nano, did they drop the price on the 1st Generation in the Apple store? Or did they just post the new Nano without any markdowns on the old version?

Thanks,

rockdog

2. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

3. rockdog thread starter macrumors member

rockdog

4. triobot macrumors member

triobot

Apple never keep selling the previous products. If they have a new product, they drop the previous one...

That's the way Apple do stuff...

5. robPOD macrumors 6502

Apple stopped sellin the 1st gen nanos when the 2nd gen nanos came out. I belive that you can purchase refurb (from apple) 1st gens fairly cheaply.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Um, but you can still buy "clearance" stuff at the online store in the Special Deals section (big red tag on the lower right of the online store) and in some mall stores. Check the refurbished section too, you get some good deals. Same place, Special Deals. There's an iPod tab. Other retailers often keep old stock too, and it's always discounted.

7. rockdog thread starter macrumors member

rockdog

Thanks again for all the info, a refurbed Nano should be here on Monday :)

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Your welcome. Didn't want the only posts in here misinformation and rollyeyes. Especially if anyone else is reading and wants the same info.

9. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

Just the other day I ordered myself a 1st Gen iPod Shuffle from the refurb store for £25 delivered.

10. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

On the UK store, I have never seen anything useful in "Special Deals", but lots of old products in the refurbished section. That's were my iPod Mini came from (£60 refurb when used ones sold on eBay for at least £90).

11. Tadow macrumors member

I just noticed today that the Refurbished Black 8GB nano is now $199. Didn't it used to be $209 last week?

12. civilizedrat macrumors regular

I just noticed that too. I am just about to order a new red 4gb and I checked the refurb section (which is all out of red, as usual) but I saw that the prices have dropped. Again. I really wished they had the red in 8gb on the refurb store. That's an entire $50 savings!!!!!