National Pancake Day is here!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GoCubsGo, Feb 23, 2010.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Go get your free pancakes folks at IHOP.

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I'm starving too, could do with a stack of hot syrup covered pancakes. Or maybe some lemon and sugar covered with a cup of tea..

3. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Lemon & sugar FTW or pecan syrup. Either way I don't have time to go to IHOP but I'll live vicariously through those who do.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Butter Pecan syrup mmmmmmm drools.... Ihop pancakes are my weakness I've been on this diet and excercise regimen for 2 months but I may have to cheat today :D

6. ILikeTurtles macrumors 6502

Eww - anything from IHOP is disgusting! All the IHOP's I've been to have been dirty places.

7. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

THIS

There's at least one or two other places around where I live that have much better pancakes and don't make me feel like I need a shower afterward :p

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

9. Gregg2 macrumors 603

reminds me of former babysitter (I went to her house before school) who made "New Zealand" pancakes

they were very flat, she put lemon juice and sugar on them, then rolled them up

yum!!

10. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I've never liked pancakes...
    The thick American style ones are vile and sit in my stomach for hours after eating. The pancakes they have over here in the UK are thin, more like crepes, and much more digestible. I still don't care for them, though.

11. MoleSkine macrumors member

Yummmmm I LOVE PANCAKKESSSS :):)

Sometimes even have it for dinner.

I top it with Nutella or jam w/butter and pour on the Eggo syrup....I want some now!!!

12. iOrlando macrumors 68000

i really would refuse to eat in this establishment because of the people that normally eat there and the eating conditions.

I tend to not like eating in places where you have no privacy, and you are like seated right up on complete strangers who are loud and disgusting.

I dont consider myself privileged or anything, I just prefer eating in private homes or private dining rooms.

I never eat fast food, nor the Chilis of the world for that exact reason.

13. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Awesome, turn this into a PRSI thread so you can throw your tantrum about eating in public. In my opinion most of the way you respond to things shows that you do find yourself privileged but you have a right to your opinion, of course.

No one says you have to eat pancakes, I for one would love some if I had time to leave work right now. :D

14. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I am not privileged, I am just lazy
    I want them delivered :)

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So you don't eat at restaurants ever? How sad.

16. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh now that is ok by me! I am too far, by the time that happens it'll be too late and too cold.

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Lemon+sugar on thin pancakes, where the edges crisp up. That would be lovely right about now.

18. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Lemon & sugar hhhmmm sounds interesting, never heard of this topping for pancakes... Gonna have to try it :p

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I wouldn't take culinary advice from a Brit. Just sayin'.

:D

20. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Weird comment. You seem to be something of a misanthropist (or a teenager). "The people that normally eat there"? Who are "those people" and what makes you so much better?

Eating in public is fun! Loud and disgusting are just one of the many combinations of people you find at restaurants. Go there to view the spectacular variety of human types if you must be the anthropologist!

21. iOrlando macrumors 68000

I once went to an IHOP up north. You go in any IHOP on a saturday morning and look around. That is what I mean by "those people". Each restaurant is the same, no matter. Granted I've been to a diner 2 times in 7 years. Not a big "go out to eat breakfast" person.

I dont see any fun in watching the spectacular variety of human types (while eating food). Food is the key here. If anything, you can get plenty of human specimen observation in any club in Miami.

22. Surely Guest

Surely

You really still haven't explained what "those people" are. Do you mean people with mouths, perfect for eating pancakes? Families? Hung over teenagers? Grandparents with their grandkids?

Your reason for posting seems to be to create controversy out of a perfectly innocent topic....

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yum, I had pancakes for breakfast yesterday. If only I had know about today.:( Come on jessica. how about some advanced notice next time!?!:mad:

24. ps45 macrumors regular

You might have wanted to quote the first post in the thread, since the whole thing's about an old English tradition. Tradition, of course, being something the USA might just develop in a few more hundred years! :D

25. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Hear that everyone? More for us!!!!!

Seriously, dude, get over yourself.