Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
This weekend, in my first trip with the app outside of SoCal, I drove from Long Beach to Las Vegas in the mid afternoon (meaning 100°+ weather the whole way), using Navigon and the iPod together. It took me just about four hours, including one ten minute stop for my dog to do his business, and I ended up in Vegas with a fully charged iPhone. :)

I have a dedicated USB charger that connects through my stereo, and I don't know if that matters, but I do know that I was completely happy with both the navigation and the performance as a whole. It didn't lose signal once, it warned me at the correct times, and generally performed significantly better than my stand-alone Magellan.

Do you have a 3G or a 3Gs? My Navigon on the 3Gs is constantly loosing signal. Think theres something up with my hardware....

Akira1980

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2007
San Diego
I used Navigon 1.2 all day. And I approve this app. Everything worked great with no loss of GPS signal. The iPod interface still needs little work, but at least it has one. Overall very satisfied.

P.S - I have 3GS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.