Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blaenk

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Hey. I have Navigon Mobile Navigator and I remember reading that it was possible to 'simulate' a route, so in other words, before I actually went on it, I could see a simulation of it as if I were driving on it already. I'm not referring to the list of turns, I mean an actual simulation. I can't find this option anywhere though.

Or is this only available in TomTom for iPhone?

countrydweller

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2009
Hey. I have Navigon Mobile Navigator and I remember reading that it was possible to 'simulate' a route, so in other words, before I actually went on it, I could see a simulation of it as if I were driving on it already. I'm not referring to the list of turns, I mean an actual simulation. I can't find this option anywhere though.

Or is this only available in TomTom for iPhone?

This thread explains simulation.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/863990/

Blaenk

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Thanks. But I had already seen that thread, it doesn't really answer the question.

I have read that it will simulate the route if it does not find a GPS signal, but I want to simulate it anyways despite having a GPS signal. That thread you linked to said it's possible, but I see no option for it anywhere, even in the route selection screen.

Scott90

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Go to "More", then "Routes". Create a route (at least two points necessary), then tap "More" again and there's an option where you can choose for simulation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.