Naysayers and/or Haters

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TEZMANIAC777, Aug 24, 2011.

1. TEZMANIAC777, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011

TEZMANIAC777 macrumors newbie

It's shame how we say all of the negative things about Apple and AT&T. Now even Verizon. Those who had a problem with AT&T, in the beginning, unlocked, and switched to T-Mobile. Nay sayers said, "even though you're using T-Mobile, you still don't get the AT&T data quality." That shouldn't have had anything to do with what carrier they preferred.

You had the Verizon folks saying, "Verizon is the number 1 carrier in the USA, because they cover more users. Their 3G is much better." Verizon is CDMA and for those us, including myself, who have owned an iPhone since the launch day, '07 model, refuse to hang up the phone, just to surf the net, if not in WI-FI.

Verizon got their wish and received the iPhone earlier this year. Everyone on Sprint's network, hated that they were left out. Immediately, the Sprint rumors started. Meanwhile, T-Mobile and AT&T sign an agreement to merge(AT&T buys T-Mobile USA). "Is Apple going to make an iPhone available for all of the carriers?' 'It would only be far, since they're already doing it in Europe."

Yesterday, it was announced that Sprint is now getting the iPhone 5, along with AT&T and Verizon, in mid October. MR was full of Sprinters, proclaiming to jump on the iPhone bandwagon. AT&Ters and Big Reddies, claiming to jump bail, because Sprint has the only unlimited data plan, as well as, the lowest voice and messaging plans. Today, it's rumored that T-mobile, is also included in the mix. I have never been with Verizon, T-Mobile, nor Sprint, but I was with Nextel(when they were purchased by Sprint). Sprint, at the time, had horrible customer service. Their merger with Nextel, sucked something terrible. Until that buyout, I always had dual carriers, just in order for me to always have service. I've been with AT&T through a many of their name changes. Cellular One, AT&T Wireless, South Western Bell Wireless, Cingular Wireless, and now back to AT&T Wireless. I can honestly say, I have never regretted having them as a carrier. I know I'm one in fifty million, but I've never had an issue, and I'm not easy to deal with.

I know a lot of followers with an Android device. The argument for Android being better than iOS, is, more than one manufacturer make an Android device: true. Faster proccessors: for the momnet. Open sourced: true dat.
    Fully customizable: true. My argument for iOS being better than any Android device ever thought of, is the exact same. More does not make it better: true. More devices bring together great framentation:true. Faster proccessors are always in the lastest device created and sold. It's the technology way of life. Open source, brings many unwanted pests. True it is. How many viruses are Android associated? How many for iOS? If an iPhone user wants a fully customized UI, they only need to jailbreak the device. Same as an Android device rooted. It is believed that geeks want Android and the Elitist want iPhone. Not even close to true. I know geeks(myself included), with a iPhone. I'm also an elitist(without anything Android), but know there some out there with an Android device.

I have always believed that, any one with the money, will purchase whatever they damn well pleased. I can afford Apple's premium priced products, therefore I have converted my family's entire lifestyle to their brands. Starting with the 2nd Gen. iPod through each iPhone(launch day, each yaer), iPad 2, MBP 13" '11, iMac 21.5" '11. iOS and OS X fit me just right. Now, i do own a windows device. I have a Toshiba Sattelite, stock with vista, that I refuse to relinquish, and a Lenova Think Pad that ain't going anywhere either. I'm not bragging about my life, I'm just letting everyone know that, "we is what we is."

When it comes to cellular, these days, North America is always later than Europe, as far as carriers with the same device(s). Everyone with an Android, only because their carrier never had the iPhone, will now drop them for an iPhone. If they say they won't, they're either lying or they're broke. Too many bought the Android just to spite Apple for going with AT&T first as an exclusive US carriier. I, for one, am extremely excited for both Sprint and T-Mobile, for the opportunity to enjoy the Apple sales experience. Competition is good for all consumers. But only if there is a fair shake for all of us. Pricing wars will be great, but the carriers don't have to engage in one, because they know that the entire world is wanting an iPhone. This year, next year, and for many more to come. Just look at it this way. iPhone sales are higher at AT&T than Android. That's why their always late to get Android devices on the shelves. Verizon Android sales are shrinking, now that they carry the iPhone. The trend will continue with Sprint and T-Mobile. It's an obvious thing coming soon to your neck of the hood.

I don't have a problem with any one who disagrees with what I'm saying. What we as humans need to do, is, learn how to disagree without being disagreeable, as well as hateful. I alway read where someone is calling someone else a fanboi. Well, I am a fanboi. A fanboi of technology and technology only. I just prefer to use what works and Apple devices just work. Are Apple devices perfect? By no means, nothing is. The ecosystem is by far unmatched though. So, I'll just stick with what I know works.

Oh, by the way. Do not ask for sources, this is not fact check. This Mac Rumors. Live with it. Truth or not.

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Everyone has a right to free speech, to express their opinions and to have their preferences.

It would be a very dull and mind numbing world if there were no choices, but to buy what the dictator put in front of them.

We are very lucky to live in a free country, a fact that is often all to easily forgotten by many.

3. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Nobody is going to read all of that, this is the internet.

4. Muro macrumors 6502

Hahah...lazy wanker :)

Correction: This is "The Web", Internet as a terminology was used somewhere in the 90's ;-)

5. Bigcclass09 macrumors member

andriods

i can't wait for the hardcore android users to bash this thread

6. TEZMANIAC777 thread starter macrumors newbie

Bash me?

Neither can I. I want to see how babies will actually invade.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's people's opinion just like how people claim that iOS is better. Your post was so long and rambling I'm not quite sure what the point was. I'll say this, I get the phone the best suits my needs. If that's apple great. If that's HTC, great.

Why do people work it up to be almost a holy war. Android has advantages/disadvantages. iOS has advantages/disadvantages.

8. Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

I'm a hardcore android user and I agree with most of this. My contract is up this week and my next device will not run android os. Android has left me rather disappointed with all the fragmentation and that a phone becomes obsolete six months after its release and you can hardly get an update to the next major firmware (I have the Droid Incredible and Verizon is still behind on getting me Gingerbread). At least with the iPhone you have a good year before you're obsolete and even then your phone is most likely to be able to use the next version of iOS, if not the next few versions. Also, most android os handsets are made of plastic. I don't want to pay $300 or even $200 for something not made of metal. Just my two cents.

9. TEZMANIAC777 thread starter macrumors newbie

What war?

To be so long and rambling, you misread what you made your argument towards. Nothing on here is about starting any war, especially a holy war. Your argument backed my entire thread. Read in full, then criticize.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did I really mis-read your post?
    Calling an android fan a baby is not the best way to create a civil dialog :rolleyes:

11. Savor, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011

Savor Suspended

Savor

Naysayers/haters = insecure fanboys needing to justify their purchases

Who cares what they think? Just because they love their preferred choice doesn't mean they should sound like a$$holes. But it is the internet, what can you expect? Go on Yahoo! Lots of racist people on there. You can say anything that is on your mind just to get attention. In real life, this fanboy war isn't even that bad compared to attending your fav team's home game and they are going against their most hated rivals in the Finals.

The only trash talking with tech wars exist mostly in messageboards. Real life is a different story. If I happen to be a PS3 fanboy, does that mean I should refuse to play an Xbox 360 when I go to my friend's house? Hell no. I just play to have fun if they offer it to me. I love cell phones and only a fan of great products. I am building a collection of smartphones for next year. So anytime I am at work, I can always switch to another phone once a week. I want to have at least 5-6 smartphones by 2012 which represents a different platform (iOS, Android, WP7, webOS, QNX, MeeGo). Like X-Men where they are each special in their own way. Neither iOS or Android are even my favorite mobile OSes right now. It is actually webOS and QNX. MeeGo might be 3rd place if I like it enough. Apple has the best ecosystem and best app support though.

I generally think iOS is far superior to Android, but also like Google as much as Apple. Weird, huh? I use Google Search, YouTube, GMail, GMaps, and Google Voice almost everyday. I am in the library as I type this exchanging texts to someone who wants to buy my BlackBerry. Unlimited texting. And if my battery life is running out from music I am listening to, I can start using Google Music Beta to listen to all my songs.

I really don't care who wins. If you have a Mac and its OS is only 10% used among all desktop computers around the world, should you stop enjoying your MacBook Pro or iMac because not everybody has it? Heck, I still play Dreamcast once in awhile or play classic 8-bit/16-bit classics on my PSP using emulators. I still use a DVD player to watch movies. It is the same for webOS fans. They can still use it. Tech is only DEAD in your heart when you stop using it.

Who really wins are people who want choices.

12. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I really don't know what the point of your post was, but I definitely agree that iOS is better.

13. TEZMANIAC777 thread starter macrumors newbie

Choices.

Now, you get it. I still have old games. 8 and 16 bit. CDs and DVDs. All are collectables. Classics. Revolutionaries. Yuuup!!!

14. TEZMANIAC777, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011

TEZMANIAC777 thread starter macrumors newbie

Being civil.

Apparently you did not read the entire rambling. If you did, you would have read my saying, what ever suits you, is what you should get. I said everyone is bashing for supremacy. It is what it is. If you like it get. If you don't like, don't get it. Since it was obviously too much for you to understand the meat and potatoes. We're all on this earth to make our own choices. I'm just tired of reading posts, where no one understands to disagree without being disagreeable. But you, mr. moderator, probably don't have a single idea what that means.

As far as the babies statement. Pure funning. Sorry for insulting your children. Get a life.

15. TEZMANIAC777 thread starter macrumors newbie

Plastics.

I've never owned an Android device, but I have plenty of associates with one. Some are impressed, some hate it. I was telling a friend yesterday, that my biggest complaint about Android, is, "new phone today. Obsolete OS tomorrow." The carriers are at fault for that though. Apple won't allow any carrier to hijack their OS. And that's more important to me than jailbreaking or rooting. I'm tech savvy enough to build my own communication device(s) and even computer(s), but technology is my hobby, not my bills payer. I continue to pay the big bucks to those that make a living doing it.

----------

It is totally up to you what choice you make. Not me. Not your neighbor No one else. You make it, you lie in it. That's my point.

16. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Actually he has a point. Remember the days of the Windows vs Mac days? How those days and the people were so stupid. Now we have the Android vs iPhone days and still people don't understand that this is a stupid and pointless argument.

17. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Exactly. These are the points I always make about these stupid arguments people have over which OS is superior. Each has their strengths and weaknesses and due to these strengths/weaknesses they appeal to different people. There is no right or wrong answer. It's all OPINION! I just wish people understood that.

18. Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

19. TEZMANIAC777 thread starter macrumors newbie

Work arounds

20. wxman2003 Suspended

Steve Jobs resigned from Apple as CEO. That says a lot.

21. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

A simple solution to all of this would be just to get an Android phone and actually be able to customize it. The Apple way is like shopping at Ikea and following the arrows.

22. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Android fan here. I couldn't be bothered to read the wall of text.

I hate the naysayers and naysay the haters!

How about THAT?

23. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

It says nothing.

24. Sh00tingStar macrumors member

It was late. I was debating whether to take a sleeping pill or not. Then I found TEZMANIAC777's post, and half way through - ZZZzzzzzz...

25. nasterisk macrumors newbie

Speaking of babies, following a simple observation with a whole paragraph of accusatory statements (bolded) is exactly what a baby would do.

Your post was far too long, especially for something so simple a concept. I understand what you were attempting to get across, but you went on so many different tangents it was hard to connect the whole "meat and potatoes" of what you were trying to say with what you actually wrote.

TL;DR: If you can't recieve a little criticism, you have no right to criticize others. ;)