~NBA 2009-2010 Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by celticpride678, Aug 24, 2009.

1. celticpride678

Well, the NBA 2009-2010 regular season is getting closer and closer. I feel that it is time to start a thread about who is going to win it all, how teams will do during the season and just discuss everything that is going on in the NBA!

For me, hence my username, Celtics all the way! But, I feel it will be a close race between Boston and Philadelphia.

What's going on in your mind? This is the place to discuss everything NBA '09-'10! Post away! Thanks.

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Not sure why you're thinking Philadelphia will be in the mix. The west will be where it's at with the Spurs adding Jefferson and the Lakers adding Artest. Definitely interested in the Cavs adding Shaq and that will be interesting. Boston, if healthy, will be scary. Don't forget Orlando with Vince.

I can see an Eastern Conf. Final with Boston vs. Cavs. They beat each other up only to face the Lakers. Jury is still obviously out on how this team will produce with Artest in the picture.

3. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

Sucks what is going on in Miami with the Beasley situation. While he did go into a rehab center for weed and psychological issues, the real issue is the weed. From my understanding, that is what they want to control, and that he does not have any real psychological issues. Really hope he can get through this!

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Boston and Philadelphia? Really?! Philadelphia is a nobody. Elton Brand will sustain a season-ending injury just like he does every year. The Celtics, as long as they have Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, will continue to be good, but you have to know Kevin Garnett is done. Too many games and too much stress on his knees. It's a bad sign when he's out for months without anything substantial being diagnosed. He's played in the league for a long time (since graduating HS) and I think his knees are pretty much through.

I think it's obvious the two teams in the mix in the East will be Orlando (who I'm going to say is one of the best dunking teams of all time) and Cleveland. The Celtics are third, firmly behind those two. Provided Michael Beasley gets out of rehab and changes his life around, Miami will be surprisingly good. Dwyane Wade will establish himself as the undisputed second best player in the league (behind Lebron James, of course) and the Heat should be pretty good. Beasley has the skill to be a 20 point player night in and night out.

In the West you know it's going to be the Spurs and Lakers. Kobe is getting older but he's still a few years away from inefficiency. He's already lost most of his freakish athleticism and is relying more and more on his jumpshot (ala Jordan in his later years). He'll become a better shooter and that should increase his shelf-life but it's pretty clear his athletic prime is behind him. Of course, with Pau and Lamar, the Lakers will still be ridiculously good. I don't like the Artest pickup because I think Ariza was the perfect role player, but he was definitely asking for too much money. Mistake by Rockets to sign him. I don't see his shot-making ability which basically will relegate him to being a great role player (nothing wrong with that).

Clippers should be really exciting to watch this year. Sure, they might not be the best team in the league, but their record will be over .500. Eric Gordon has a silky smooth jumper and Blake Griffin is going to be a beast. Add in Thornton and Baron Davis and you're starting to get a respectable team.

Teams for the future are the Thunder and the Trailblazers. Durant and Westbrook (as a Trojan, I hate to admit Westbrook is good) are going to make a scary good tandem in a couple years. On the trailblazers side, I guess we'll see if Oden will turn into anything special but B-Roy is crazy good.

Here are some pretty random thoughts that are on my mind right now. I know, they're unorganized.

-Best shooting forms in the league belong to Carmelo Anthony, Ray Allen, and OJ Mayo.
    -Derek Rose is so athletic I think he's a superhero. And Nate Robinson.
    -Dwight Howard might want to learn some offensive moves. You know, besides dunking
    -I'm pretty excited to see what Lebron does in the dunk contest (if he goes through with it) although I wouldn't be surprised to just see some big tomahawks.
    -Allen Iverson is still good

5. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Thank you!! A lot of people seem to be forgetting about him, granted these last couple of years haven't been that great but I'm sure he still has some hop in his step. It will be interesting to see where he'll end up.

This year seems like it will be a pretty exciting one, especially in the East. I'm curious to see how this whole Lebron and Shaq thing is going to work out...

6. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

I kinda feel he had a better role in Philly.

7. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

ALRIGHT IS OCTOBER 27, 2009.........THE WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!!!! open their season opener tonight!!!!!!!!

This is my prediction for the NBA 2009-2010 Season

Western Conference:

Pacific
    1.)Lakers
    2.)Suns
    3.)Warriors
    4.)Kings
    5.)Clippers

NorthWest
    1.)Nuggets
    2.)Jazz
    3.)Trailblazers
    4.)T-wolves
    5.)Thunder

SouthWest
    1.)Spurs
    2.)Rockets
    3.)mavericks
    4.)New orleans
    5.)grizzlies

EASTERN CONFERENCE
    Atlantic:
    1.)celtics
    2.)76ers
    3.)Nets
    4.)raptors
    5.)wizards
    6.)knicks

Central
    1.)cavs
    2.)pistons
    3.)Bulls
    4.)Pacers
    5.)Bucks

SouthEast
    1.)Heat
    2.)Magic
    3.)Hawks
    4.)Bobcats

seems very similar to the 2008-2009 season..

Teams to look out for:
    Cavaliers.
    Heat.
    Clippers.
    Magic

Magic......(hmmmmm, they are like the tampa bay rays.......i wonder if we will see them again...)

ohhhhh and my PRE- CHAMPION is for the entire season is the

LOS ANGELES LAKERS..:)

8. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

My C's! I see them going all the way this year...if they decide to stay healthy

9. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I see the Eastern Conference Final between the cavaliers and celtics.....

the orlando magic seemed too good to be true....:p

As a Laker fan, I would love to see a Lakers vs Cavaliers Final, but a celtic one, I would not mind....again......:p

10. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Any who is going to win? *cough* Celtics *cough*.

11. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I have no doubts, the celtics will be a dominant force in the east....if the big 3 or 4 keep healthy...Garnett has to step it up...

I still remember them struggling against the bulls in the East Playoffs.;)

12. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

So the Lakers win their home opener.....:D:D

Celtics beat the Cavaliers.....:D:p:p:p

it's going to be a good season;):)

13. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

You need to add in another 5,000 smileys and stuff.

I posted a thread, forgot about this one so hopefully it will be deleted.

Boston is going to be a beast. I don't see the Cavs getting past them. Lakers look ridiculously stacked even with Gasol on the bench with injury. I was impressed with the Clippers. They should be interesting this season once they have Blake Griffen back from injury.

14. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I bet by the end of May 2010.....i will have already added 10,000:D smileys.....

We need more people in this thread......is basketball really not that popular?

or is this an east and west coast thing?:eek:

15. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

The NBA season is long, tired and old. An NBA thread about the playoffs has much better life and can be lively. This thread may die.

16. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

you think it's long because it's a 2009-2010 season unlike MLB, it's just a 2009 season.....

basketball is much fun.....

rather than starring at guys spit....and fix their gloves while batting.....

i play baseball but....it gets boring after a while....

i don't play basketball that much because you run back and forth.....but i do enjoy it.:D:p

look the the MLB 2009 Season Thread.....it had already some 1400 comments.......

we have 16 comments wooooo!!!!! only 1386 to go.....

17. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Would anyone have guessed the Cavs would get off to a 0-2 start? Lebron and Shaq should be cleaning house. The need to learn to work together, and the Cav's bench needs to step it up a bit.

As a Boston fan, it's so nice to see Pierce, Allen, Garnett and now Wallace on the same sideline. And it's real fun to watch Allen drain 3 after 3 after 3.

18. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

No...i was expecting the cavs to be in the FINALS this year..........i still have no doubts.....we will see them in the 2010 east playoffs.....maybe as 8th place...:p;)

19. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I think MLB is just a more popular sport in these forums. We'll see..

Cavs are down 0-2 already. Looking like a long season for them. Lebron can't do it all.

20. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Let's hope not. If baseball were any slower, it would be gardening.

It's not looking very good for them. Lebron, as usual, is looking good but they just aren't bringing it all together yet. There are murmurs that they want to trade for Stephen Jackson but I don't think that's a good fit at all; he's really similar to Lebron in size, and who needs that in the locker room? They already have three point shooters.

If I have one knock against Lebron it's that he uses too much of the shotclock. He either shoots, gives the ball to his teammates with great passes for easy shots (both these first two or good), or passes it with 3 seconds left on the clock and they can't do anything with it.

I really don't think anyone can beat the Lakers this year, and this is coming from someone who isn't a Laker fan.

21. slick316 macrumors 6502

I'm just glad that Oklahoma finally has something other than the Sooners :)

I'm gonna go with the Lakers for the Title again this year, but I hope we have an exciting set of playoff matches this season, I love the playoffs.

22. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

The playoffs will be a mighty. Portland, Denver, San Antonio, Orlando, Boston, Cavs, Lakers all beating each other senseless.

23. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Celtics are 2-0. Here we go. The game was awesome last night!

24. TSE macrumors 68030

Minnesota Timberwolves are definitely going to be a much better team this year, they might sneak into the playoffs. I definitely think after this year if we sign a big name free agent we will get something done next year. K-Love is definitely going to be great after coming back, Al Jefferson's defense has gotten better.

25. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

+1!!!! LAKERS!!!:):):)

I'm sorry, but after the T-Wolves lost Garnett.........well......lets just say it has been a good compromise for the celtics...;):p