NCAA Football 2007 Surprises and Predictions

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xsedrinam, Sep 8, 2007.

1. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Hail! to the victors valiant
    Haillllblub... tlub....tlubbb herolblubbbbbb.....

After the 2nd week of NCAA Football, there are always going to be some surprises, but Michigan's disappearance from the top 25 after being in contention for the national championship last year, and today's shellacking by Oregon, make them one of the painful stories for Wolverine fans who may be looking at a long season.

What other surprises, pleasant or painful, are there in the season ahead?

Attached Files:

2. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

georgia tech is 2-0 after two beatdowns...could win the acc.

and lloyd carr is fired.

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Miss State and Ole Miss will fight for the SEC West cellar again this November.

4. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

After tonight, I think that LSU should be ranked #1 - without a doubt.

But they won't be.

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Yeah, they're pretty amazing. Then again, I've always thought Beamer's teams were overrated.

6. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Oregon State will have a winning season and win its bowl game after an embarassing non-conference loss away on ESPN (34-3 against Cincinnati? Yikes)... just like three of the last four seasons.

7. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Missouri will be both extremely fun AND PAINFUL to watch this season, depending on whether you're watching the offense or defense. :)

8. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Boise State will win the WAC again this year, but they certainly won't make it in to a BCS game after that pathetic loss to University of Washington. :rolleyes:

Tharp (BSU QB) was Zabransky's back-up for three years so he didn't get much playing time, and now that he's the starter I don't think he has enough experience or awareness to carry the team like Z did last year. Tharp just isn't the kind of leader BSU needs at quarterback.

9. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Just when I was wondering, how bad is Michigan this year? Just how bad is Notre Dame?

Attached Files:

10. fotografica macrumors 68040

Big game for BC tonight against Georgia Tech..Great test for Matt Ryan. WTH is with Notre Dame this year???

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

lmao notre dame sucks.

hopefully they fire charlie so he can come back to the pats

12. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Charlie just needs to pick up some of those Pats' cheating methods. :D

As of 9:21 p.m. CST:

USC is handling Nebraska
    Arkansas has come back against Alabama
    Georgia Tech has been disappointing at home
    Miss State won an SEC game on the road, against Auburn (which may nor may not be saying much this season)

13. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Looked like Nebraska was going to give them a game after it went 10-7, but USC's confidence and poise is there, in spite of injuries, and their D is showing up.

Go MTSU. Beat LSU. I have to do that. My son goes there. :D

14. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Don't forget Utah's manhandling of #11 UCLA today, 44-6

15. fotografica macrumors 68040

Nice win for BC and a great game for Ryan.3-0 in the ACC. Nice start..

And I'm sure Charlie would give anything to be back in New Engalnd right now :D
    Talk about being on a hot seat out there....

16. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Yeah, that was wild!

Alabama came back against Arkansas. Great game to watch. The Tide will be ranked this week.

17. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

The Univeristy of Oregon is really surprising me this season. I didn't expect them to be very good, but they're 3-0 now against some decent teams... not that Michigan is doing terribly well, but having three in the W column is nothing to sneeze at, regardless of the quality of opponents.

I was glad to watch my Beavers do well against Idaho State even though they're a Footbpall Championship Subdivision team. Our new starting QB looked really good and didn't throw any picks. Granted, the game will speed up next week against Arizona State, but I think that playing well in a cupcake game is more instructive than struggling in a challenging game.

18. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Looks like for the 11th time this year an unranked team will take out a top ten ranked team. Even though #4 Oklahoma just intercepted back, chances are slim they make it back against Texas Tech.

Here's hoping Missouri takes out Kansas next week. The Ducks have quacked and burned. Ohio St. to the Rose. If LSU could get tripped up one more time, we'd really have some holiday fun. Bring on the Bowl controversies and confusion. :D:p

Forget to mention ASU sitting on top of Pac10 going against USC.

19. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

if only Tennessee will loose to Kentucky in their next game, Georgia will get to play LSU in the SEC Championship game! :D

20. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

You may get your wish, but I'm hoping for an Arkansas upset over LSU just to make things more complicated. :D

21. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i hope both our wishes come true :p

22. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Miss State lived up to their expectations by losing...just when we get our hopes up. Beating Kentucky and Alabama was great, but they're still young. Only nine of our first 44 are seniors.

The Arkansas loss was a weird one as both teams had success passing all day. McFadden was held under a hundred yards rushing. He did throw a touchdown pass, however. iJon, I hear Nutt's gone. I wish he had let us win on the way out!

At least we're guaranteed to be out of the SEC West cellar this year. Thanks, Rebels!

P.S. the SEC is the best! Geaux Tigers!

P.P.S. I, too, hope Georgia makes it to the title game. I never have liked Tennessee.

23. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

glad to hear it! :)

if only Vandy could have held on ....

24. asxtb macrumors 6502

What a crazy year this has been! (And one of the reasons I love the BSC despite it's flaws!) Any given Saturday!

Looks like my Buckeyes are headed back to the National Championship Game! :D Hopefully they can do better than last year!!

25. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Ah, but who do they play against? That's the million dollar question. IMO, it should be LSU. Georgia didn't even win their division, much less their conference title, LSU did. The same argument works against Kansas too, so it's extremely hard to justify either one of them getting in. And Virginia Tech lost by 41 earlier this year to LSU. No matter who gets picked tomorrow night, there is going to be major controversy though. All the more reason for an 8 team playoff...