NCAA March Madness 2010

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacNut, Mar 16, 2010.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Everybody have your brackets ready, the tourney starts Thursday!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Are we going to post our brackets? Track progress? Or have a group set up somewhere?

Or will we just discuss it here?

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

I know we have done the yahoo thing in years past, if someone wants to set it up.

4. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I'll play if we do it on CBS Sportsline.

Let's go Maryland! Man, their bracket is tough.

5. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I just created a MacRumors bracket on CBS Sportsline. I like using CBS because they don't require any kind of e-mail validation, and it's easy to create a BS account if you'd prefer to stay anonymous. ;)

Anyway, the link is here:

http://macrumors2010.mayhem.cbssports.com/e

The password is 'macrumors' .

6. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

I'm in. I was just thinking of doing this today for MacRumors, as I was setting up my bracket pool for work.

7. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Also, for you guys that are new to Sportsline - once you have your account set up, from the Fantasy->Options->Personal menu, you can change your name to anything you'd like (I matched my MR username), choose to hide your e-mail address, or whatever.

8. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Looking at the seeds and the final Top 25, there are some odd placements. None of the 6 seeds are one of the 25. Butler got moved way down! etc.

9. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Cool! My suck-ass picks are in. :)

Sadly I have Texas exiting in the first round - they've just self destructed down the stretch.

10. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

How do you think I feel as a GA Tech fan/alumni? If you've seen us at all any this year, you know how much potential we have (loads of talent, one of our deepest teams ever), but we underperform consistently. We can't even inbound the ball most of the time! We have the ability to beat Duke and Maryland in a season, yet also lose to the Daytons of the world. We lost the ACC Championship game by only 4 points to Duke, yet had 12+ turnovers to their 3. Frustrating isn't the word for what Tech fans feel from this season. And sadly, Paul Hewitt (head coach) had his head on the chopping block before the conference tournament, yet has just done enough now getting to the conference championship game to keep his job even longer. So I understand what you are saying about your team self destructing; we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot every chance we get. As long as we play teams we are "supposed" to beat, like Oklahoma State in the first round, we will more than likely fall on our face. We don't seem to do well until we are severe underdogs.

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

always a kansas fan, been so since birth since well i was born there and lived in lawrence when they won the 88 chmapionship!

ROCK CHALK

12. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Thanks for setting this up!

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

What kind of crap committee gives the #1 overall the toughest bracket lol

With that said, KU can beat any team in the nation but I do think it's amusing that the ONLY 2 teams that have beaten them (Tenn and OK State) are in their bracket

14. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

The top 6 seeds in the Midwest are unreal. And I'll just go ahead and admit that I hate Duke, so I'm biased, but they should've just given them a bye until the Sweet 16. The South is practically a joke. That said, I still don't have thm getting to the Final 8 'cause they're not that good. The Committee could have taken the even teams from the Midwest and replaced them with the even teams from the South. I don't think anybody would have had a problem with that. The West and the East seem pretty consistent with previous years' pairings.

My wife's from Columbus, Ohio, so I've seen Turner and the Buckeyes play a lot this year. They've got a tough road to the finals, but I think it's possible. They've got the experience and the athletes to make the run.

My Terps, well, I'd just be really happy getting to the Sweet 16. Don't think we can beat Kansas, but anything's possible in March. I don't even wanna play Izzo in the 2nd round, either. It'd be big just to get past them. Guess we better beat Houston first, though, huh?:p

15. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Cool!!.. I'm in..Tough picking that whole bracket. Lot's of good teams but I think Kansas is going to win it.

16. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

I'm in as "Jay Brown." Let's go Mountaineeeeeeeeeeers.......

17. gibbz macrumors 68030

The same one that put in Florida over Mississippi St and gave Notre Dame a frackin 6 seed.

18. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

19. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

I'm in...looking forward to a couple weeks of keeping half an eye on the games during our busiest season at work! :D

20. iRachel macrumors 6502a

I'm in...

I haven't posted at MR regularly in over two years, but I always find my way back for this thread...

21. acurafan macrumors 6502a

22. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

23. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Good to know.

Oh, was that supposed to have a ??

If so, why? Whaddya mean?

24. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Nova should be easily taking care of Robert Morris.