NDrive app gone missing

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by larock, Jul 4, 2010.

1. larock macrumors member

Anyone else purchase this app and have it disappear from both your phone and iTunes?

I bought it about a month ago, used it a little, then while thinking about adding it to another iPhone noticed it wasn't on my computer any longer. So I checked my original iPhone and it was no long there either. Checked the iTunes app store and NDrive is no longer found in a search. Looking at my account I see it was purchased on June 2nd for $4.99, so I don't think I'm crazy.

So does Apple have an app "kill switch" and do they use it?

2. xmtgx macrumors regular

Yea there is a kill switch, whether or not they use it is a different story.

3. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

Yeah they have a kill switch, or they would still be getting in trouble for apps like the one where you shook a baby untill it died.
    What was Ndrive? May have done something apple weren't happy about.

4. Peruvian macrumors regular

Peruvian

I see its no longer in the app store.. (wonder why?).. But it is still in my itunes app library and is still on my iphone...

5. Peruvian macrumors regular

Peruvian

It was a navigation app which cost £4.99

6. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I just checked and mine is still there. Maybe it's gone from the AppStore because they're updating it to function in the vbavkground with ios4'S quasi:D multitasking.

7. larock thread starter macrumors member

Guess I'll add some clarification here, NDrive was a GPS navigation app. I believe there are several versions for each country. The US version I had purchased has disappeared (from my phone, my iTunes and the iTunes Store).

I used the "Report a Problem" link within iTunes for that app to report it disappearing. Wonder if I might get a refund (not holding my breath).

8. dsb411 macrumors newbie

My Ndrive USA app has vanished from my itunes and my phone. About the same time my ipod app went belly up so i had to do a fresh install of ios4 which inturn wiped the perfectly fine ndrive app from my phone.

I want my $2.99 back. If they have a problem with the app then fine, refund my money and tell me what the problem was. Dont just steal my property.:mad:

9. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

NDrive was a decent product, what could have caused it to actually get killed like that? Did it drive an old granny off a cliff, or did it have POI's to terrorist safehouses?

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

What I read was there were questions of whether they (the ndrive publishers) were infringing on the copyrights of the owners of the map data being used.

See http://www.phonenews.com/did-apple-flip-the-ios-kill-switch-on-ndrive-11579/

11. mlukens macrumors member

That's odd mine is still in my iTunes and on my phone.

12. thewiccaman macrumors member

thewiccaman

Same here, used it the other day.

I sent them an email via their support form about 2 weeks ago. The response was 'they were having technical difficulties'!

13. mkss55442 macrumors newbie