Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

9Z Electronics

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2007
I call BS. Apple Store DOES NOT sell anything with a damaged box.

This is where you are wrong as I experienced the same problem with my MacBook. The box was damaged and when they brought it out I asked that they remove the laptop and test it. It looked like it was dropped or hit somehow. They declined and offered to bring me a new, boxed unit.

It does happen - Apple is not immune to hiring lousy personnel.

9Z Electronics

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2007

I wasn't sure anyone would catch my sarcasm! Good catch! It was a shallow attempt at humors - something I am obviously not good at.

No - not really. Hats off! I missed that. I guess college isn't what it used to be. I should go change that so I do not look like a bigger ass. Nice catch, man!

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
This is where you are wrong as I experienced the same problem with my MacBook. The box was damaged and when they brought it out I asked that they remove the laptop and test it. It looked like it was dropped or hit somehow. They declined and offered to bring me a new, boxed unit.

It does happen - Apple is not immune to hiring lousy personnel.

Yeah, overall I would give Apple employees a C+ grade. I have been to a few different Apple Stores in my lifetime and I found that Naples, FL -- one of the most pretentious towns this side of anywhere -- gave the best service. (Had to bring in my dropped iPhone after day two).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.