Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tom.

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
San Francisco, CA
There are so many of these threads. If you need one, then you dont need to ask the question as it isn't an option whether you get one or not.

If it is an option, then wait!

nanofrog

macrumors G4
May 6, 2008
Just double checked, since amex is being phased out on my side of the pond ;)
MC give me 1 year extended warranty, 90 day price match, 90 day insurance (theft, breakage, etc.).

There are limits though, but all in all, it's great customer protection.
Maybe I should switch my Visa for a MC ;)
I wasn't aware AMEX was pulling out of the European market. :eek:
As for MC, that's the primary card I use. Quite decent, but it's also an older account. The terms may be different than a new one. :confused:

rylin

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2006
I wasn't aware AMEX was pulling out of the European market. :eek:
As for MC, that's the primary card I use. Quite decent, but it's also an older account. The terms may be different than a new one. :confused:

It's not so much pulling out as it is getting pushed out.
Most card terminals don't do AMEX -- in fact, the only place I've seen the AMEX logo recently was in the hospital, though I do know that most upscale restaurants still take it if pressed.

Hopefully they'll do a push soon to get back properly in the market, but it means lower purchase fees (making sellers happy, lowering AMEX's income).

nanofrog

macrumors G4
May 6, 2008
It's not so much pulling out as it is getting pushed out.
Most card terminals don't do AMEX -- in fact, the only place I've seen the AMEX logo recently was in the hospital, though I do know that most upscale restaurants still take it if pressed.

Hopefully they'll do a push soon to get back properly in the market, but it means lower purchase fees (making sellers happy, lowering AMEX's income).
I don't get the time to follow European news/markets/... nearly as much as I'd like. Not enough time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.