Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMackPro

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Either way it is going to cost them the same amount... They either give you your money back, and take the laptop back, or they give you a new one and take the old one back.

I would think theyd be more inclined to do the latter, because if they refund you, they risk losing your business for good, vs. a replacement, they've still got you on the hook with their products.

Either way, it costs then the same - and even if they dont want to replace it, if you wanted to you could just take the refunded money and purchase another one.

Now, if you'll excuse me I need to go rehab my thumbs from typing this all out on my iPhone.

nah, they wont be losing near as much money giving them a new computer as opposed to cash back, the build of a computer costs so much for the brains that designed it. the actual building of a computer itself is very vey cheap.especially when you build 9~ million~ of them

shoegal

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Wow seriously fourth defective? Geez.

I'm not blaming Apple by the way. I know a lot of People don't get these issue sthree or four times in a row. Apple actually has the lowest exchange rate in the industry.
And the customer service lady honestly told me she was embarrassed about what has happened to me.

I once had a defective HP. Still under warranty but they wouldn't take it in! Who are you gonna call then? Or email?

Actually, when the Mac repair shop in my country told me it was hard for them to fix my issue because I bought it in the US and then I called apple in the US and they were like: we can't help you because you're in europe, I was at a loss. I ended up sending an email to Ron Johnson, one of the execs. If he could PLEASE help me out. Well I received a reply WITHIN 30 minutes! He arranged exec customer service for me and they've been helping me ever since.

So thats why, despite my bad luck with mbp 's, I'd find it hard to leave apple as a customer,

aygie

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2007
Wow seriously fourth defective? Geez.

I'm not blaming Apple by the way. I know a lot of People don't get these issue sthree or four times in a row. Apple actually has the lowest exchange rate in the industry.
And the customer service lady honestly told me she was embarrassed about what has happened to me.

I once had a defective HP. Still under warranty but they wouldn't take it in! Who are you gonna call then? Or email?

Actually, when the Mac repair shop in my country told me it was hard for them to fix my issue because I bought it in the US and then I called apple in the US and they were like: we can't help you because you're in europe, I was at a loss. I ended up sending an email to Ron Johnson, one of the execs. If he could PLEASE help me out. Well I received a reply WITHIN 30 minutes! He arranged exec customer service for me and they've been helping me ever since.

So thats why, despite my bad luck with mbp 's, I'd find it hard to leave apple as a customer,

You have a world wide warranty on your machine so your local Mac shop should be able repair any problems you have, I've had people from all over the world come into my shop and we've fixed their machine for no charge in two days.

Going back to your OP, it happens, I've seen machines just not be right from the start. Luckily it's the exception not the norm. Get a new machine and you'll be fine.

Good luck :)

shoegal

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
You have a world wide warranty on your machine so your local Mac shop should be able repair any problems you have, I've had people from all over the world come into my shop and we've fixed their machine for no charge in two days.

Going back to your OP, it happens, I've seen machines just not be right from the start. Luckily it's the exception not the norm. Get a new machine and you'll be fine.

Good luck :)

I know they should, but they said they couldn't. Said it was DOA and they couldn't help me because the machine was bought in the US. Crazy, I know. And Apple care in my country was just as helpful. All in all it cost me 70 euro's(!!) to make my calls to apple care last months. They kept putting me on hold, making me repeat my question/story and then telling me they didn't know what to do. Extremely frustrating...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.