Need Advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ostockton, Feb 1, 2011.

  1. ostockton macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2011
    #1
    Hey!,

    This is my first post on these forums.

    So I've been wanting a Macbook Pro for a while and began saving, I'm pretty much ready to make the purchase now because I've got a very good price from a seller.

    I then found out Apple are updating their Macbook Pros in April, is this true?

    And if they are, what would they be doing roughly, and how would this effect the price?

    I suppose the point of this question is to ask if you think I should just buy it now while I have a good deal, or if I should wait?

    Thanks.
     
  2. greytmom macrumors 68040

    greytmom

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #2
  3. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #3
    MBPs are due for an update but when will the update happen is still a mystery. Could be April. Most likely we will see new CPUs and GPUs but possibly something bigger. Prices usually stay the same.

    How good is the deal you got? If you can get a very good discount (several hundreds), then I would just get one now but otherwise I would wait.
     
  4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

    ECUpirate44

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2010
    Location:
    NC
    #4
    The mbp will be updated sometime around April with faster Sandy Bridge CPU's. No idea about the price. It depends on what your usage is, but I would buy now.
     
  5. bvapple macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2011
    #5
    Buy now, you will have a lot more fun with your new toy than the .2 ghz faster processor. IMO the look will still be the same but the insides will change just a bit.
     
  6. ostockton thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2011
    #6
    I've had £200.00 knocked off the price plus some 'goodies' which I don't know what that will be.

    So if there is an update, will this be internal stuff, nothing cosmetic?
     
  7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

    GGJstudios

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    #7
  8. ostockton thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2011
    #8
    By the way, I'm looking at the 13'', is this due for the general macbook pro update too yeah?
     
  9. greytmom macrumors 68040

    greytmom

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #9
    <tap><tap>

    Is this thing on?

    You aren't getting anything here but people's opinions. Some more educated than others, but opinions nonetheless. Please don't base your decisions solely on what you see here, because this is NOT official Apple information. Your questions about what is coming are being answered by people who are guessing.

    Just want to make sure you understand that - I'm getting the feeling that you might think these are official answers.
     
  10. ostockton thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2011
    #10
    The problem is, I've been so excited to get it lol and my laptop that I'm using now is on eBay so if I let it sell I'll be without a laptop while waiting for the new Macbook.

    Is it actually confirmed that there WILL be and update?
    (and does this include the 13'' MBP)
     
  11. greytmom macrumors 68040

    greytmom

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #11
    No, it's not confirmed. Just expected, and likely. When is it likely? We don't know.

    We also don't know if 13" would be included in the "likely, not confirmed, and who knows when" update.
     
  12. ostockton thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2011
    #12
    So you think i should just go for it and get it?
     
  13. greytmom macrumors 68040

    greytmom

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #13
    I think you should decide for yourself, based on all the things we've already talked about.
     

Share This Page