Need girl advice. (very long confusing)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by appleguy123, Aug 23, 2009.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Hi,
    I have a very complicated problem. I liked this girl in 8th grade (we are now in 10th) but this other girl (just friends) told her. Both of them have since moved away but the one i like(d?) still comes back to see her friends for football games ( i'm in band im always there) and other school events. She spends the majority of her time with her friends (that are girls) but sometimes will just ambush me and my friend(we're almost always together and he was her ex but there just friends now) and it is super awkward given that we didn't end two years ago so well. Now I guess I still like her even though we don't see each other too often(is it possible that these frequent ambushes are her telling me that she is interested). Now i need help with these 3 possible ends.(will give more info if asked for)
    1. Just make things generally less awkward
    2. Makes us be the good friends that we were before
    3. Make us go out (even though we would only see each other like every 2 weeks)
    Some background info you probably should know to mold your advice:
    1. We are both (extreme) christians and fully intend on waiting till marriage
    2. not sure if this matters but we are both really smart
    3.Back in 8th grade i really felt that this girl was "the one"
    Thanks for your help!

2. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

Exactly :) but is there anything in particular you dont understand?

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I think seriously talking with her would help. Do you even have her number? Get it and then call her or talk to her face-to-face. So the awkward ice will melt. Also don't pursue a relationship if you are only gonna see her twice a month, that is silly IMO.

4. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

Do you have any idea how awkward that would be if i just called her. thats like stalker-tastic.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Text her, and say hey what's up? Or like I said, talk to her in person, that can't hurt. If you aren't willing to call or talk to her, then things are going to go nowhere. End of story. It won't happen unless you make it happen.

6. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

If she really was "the one" and you liked her that much, you wouldn't be asking. Just leave it as it is, casual friendship. You're not sure what you want, relationships that start off a basis of friendship have more pressure on them to work (so often don't, and badly) and it's long distance. A recipe for headaches.

Did you even really think about her in the two years she was gone? Doesn't sound like it.

7. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

Um not a day (maybe hour) went by that i didn't.

8. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

Man, if you think its so difficult at your age, wait till you get older! If you are only going to see each other a couple of times a month, then I wouldnt even bother. Your in 10th grade dude, enjoy your time as a kid.

9. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

at your age build the friendship. you are both young, and have many lesson in life to learn, as friends, these can build you closer over time.

be yourself, not what you think she wants.

10. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

It doesn't matter what you thought in grade 8 about her being "the one". It was wrong. Now, grow a pair and break the awkwardness by talking to her in person.

11. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

Get Magic Johnson to call her and ask her out for you. That'll settle it. Haha.

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

It's awkward, but probably just in your head, not hers.

Now like aaquib said, talk to her like a normal human being. Being all mousy makes the situation worse, and eventually, irreversible.

13. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

14. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Maybe she's just ambushing you to keep tabs on her ex (your friend)?. Either that or she's testing to see if you still have a think for her...if she can still make you sweat which...evidently she can. Also the situation is only awkward probably because YOU think its awkward. Its really not a big deal, stop putting her on a pedestal and talk to her like you would any other human being.

15. farkasam macrumors member

not sure what an extreme christian is and therefore cannot offer advice within the framework of your apparently codified social interactions. good luck to you nonetheless.

16. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Young love :rolleyes: I both envy and am glad i'm older. Good luck just the same.

17. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

:eek:

Love that comment lol.

I do have to ask everyone but why do these threads keep popping up on MacRumors? is this now RelationshipRumors???? :p

OP just talk to her....

18. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

MacRumors should open a defecated forum for relationship questions lol these type of questions are increasing :p next thing MR becomes LR

19. ethical macrumors 68000

Try these forums - The Student Room - They are designed for people your age (secondary school and university). While they are aimed at english students (university info etc), the relationship advice is transferable (i think :p).

The link points to the Health and Relationships sub-section. You'll be able to get more advice there if you want it.

p.s. I hope im allowed to post that link to a different forum... they arent exactly competitors to MR :p

20. ethical macrumors 68000

I'm interested to know what you were reading/thinking about that caused you to make that typo :p

21. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

That truly deserves to live forever in the annals of MacRumor typos. :D
    Mind, with the amount of bullsh&t spouted on some threads it isn't surprising.

22. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

No it's not, I had a 2 month (closer to 3 months actually) relationship with someone who lived 200 miles away from me and it was still good.

To the OP: just talk to this girl and see if she likes you too, if so go out with her. Simples.
    [​IMG]

23. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't know if that was a typo or not. Perhaps just trying to be a bit more clever?

24. ethical macrumors 68000

I'm just glad you didnt make a type here :p

Sorry, off topic...

OP, You really have two options.... 1) Go for it and just talk to her. You dont have to reveal your secret love, but just start flirting, and if she flirts back then go from there. 2) Don't do anything, and keep pinning after her.

Take it steady and build up your conversations with her.