Need help deciding

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RiceRacerDX, Jul 7, 2009.

1. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

So I'm getting the new 3GS on Thursday and need am torn between the 16 and 32 gig. I checked how much space I have left on my current 16 gig 3G and came up with 9.2 gigs.

With the 3GS, I plan on using the camera for both video (especially) and pictures a bit more than I am with my current 3G. I understand that the video records at about 3600 kilobytes/s and are capped at 2 gigs per video. I also plan on getting the TomTom app, which amounts to the nearly 1 gig developer limit.

What do ya'll suggest? Can I get away with another 16 gig? How are you 3GS owners doing in terms of free memory with high camera usage and music?

Thanks in advance

Btw, I'm leaning towards the black 3GS.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

How many videos do you plan to record? I mean, 2GB a video is practically a 2 hour movie. So, how long do you wish to record?

3. xxshawnxx macrumors member

I decided on the 32gb because you can usually get most of the premium you paid back- if/when you sell it.

4. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

Crazy to not get the 32gb! It's a measly $100 more which is $4/month over 2 years and at most ~3% of the ~$2800 (depending which plan the % of total cost goes down) you are going to spend on using an iPhone for 2yrs.