Need help fighting off PC Users

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ChrisN, Mar 21, 2008.

1. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Hello,
    On a gaming forum I go to one of my friends posted this because most of them are all PC users.

[quote/]Coool, good thing im not interested in it then.[/quote]
    its funny here in los angeles, people think they are elite because they can afford apple products, but what they fail to realize is how f**king dumb they are. they say "pc's crash all the time" but they only crash becuase they are fu*king idiots that like to click banner ads for free ipods and catch spyware/adware. when you tell them they are f**king dumb, they look at you like "you are a pc user so whatever you say cant be right, apple is the best"

lol

morons.

one person actually told me "apple lets creative people be creative" my response was "apple lets people dwell in their own idiocy, go get your iphone hacked you lamer"

sorry, apples crash just as often as pc's. i get questions asking tech support from companys that deal with apple and pc, and from experience, i found that both crash the same... just when a pc crashes you can fix it... when a mac crashes you are F**KED[/quote]

Please help, btw these are not my opinions.

Thanks,
    ChrisN

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

One word: How?

3. ChrisN thread starter macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I don't know and I don't want to ask them either, right now I am just pretty confused right now, I wish more mac users would play call of duty right now :(.

ChrisN

4. NEiMac macrumors regular

My opinion on this is just move on and forget you ever read this crap. :rolleyes: I know the desire to jump right in and fight with them but really, they sound like people who play way to many video games and not spend enough time in the real world.

5. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Why do you really care what they think? Is it really that important? After all, it's just a computer. If you like your Mac, so what?

6. ChrisN thread starter macrumors 65816

ChrisN

That is true but one of them was interested in getting a mac air (but i tried to get him interested in the MBP) but whatever I will leave it at that. I did have to delete my post because I didn't want to get a huge flame war going on. I think he might of quoted my post but I hope he didnt cause then he will look like a total donkey.

ChrisN

7. heatmiser macrumors 68020

But Defending Macs On the Internet is a Really Big Deal!

8. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Just let it go. They're never going to agree with anything that contradicts them, so why bother? As far as the other person, just PM them, keep it off the boards so there's no fools chiming in.

9. katejones macrumors regular

katejones

My friends and family pretty much thought I had gone insane (again) when I said I was gonna get a Mac.

Now days I just explain not only can I play crysis and any other game on my Mac, I can run windows at the same time as linux and OSX, and if there little brain can only handle using one operating system at a time and the most child friendly one at that, then thats ok.

Most people Ive showed my mac too , I get carried away and im tabbing through expose and switching spaces and os's faster than they can blink and busting out the terminal, and there like "ok this computer is way to complex for me"

Though I do get urges to click those stupid spyware adverts now I have a mac :p

But yeah a windows PC is just a toy compared to a mac IMO.

10. ChrisN thread starter macrumors 65816

ChrisN

It is a closed forums so we pretty much know each other, and katejones thanks for reminding me about boot camp/parallels/vmfusion etc.

ChrisN

11. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Is this the title of something? :p

They just talk like that because they don't get to have sex. ;)

12. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Yep.

Funny thing I've noticed really is how that PC users say "Mac users always go on and on about how good their computers are" but the thing is, the majority of flame wars that occur between Macs and PCs are started by the PC users being ignorant, arrogant or down-right b**chy about Macs.

They ask for it.

Like you, I want to jump in as well but it's not worth it and if you do it, you're just giving them exactly what they want.

13. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

This is true. Usually it starts out with a simple question about something from a Mac user, and instead of trying to help, everyone pounces with some variation of the "you have a Mac?? what a dumbass!" minuet :rolleyes:

14. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Macs are PCs its just that Apple is like an OEM. the argument should be about Windows vs Mac OS X. just becuase Apple's products have great designs and so does the OS. hey at least youve got a machine that doesnt look like ass and runs OS X and Windows - the best of both worlds. tell them this. should shut them down.

15. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

It completely depends on what the current topic is. If its a topic about PC's or Windows the typical flame bait is from a mac user making an unfounded comment about how bad Windows is and how perfect macs are. If its a topic about macs then the flame bait is from a PC user saying people are stupid for paying too much for a machine that cant do anything. You should open up your eyes, mac fanboys say stupid things any chance they get as well, just look at this thread, there are already sweeping generalizations about PC's and PC users. Where do you think the stereotype that mac users are smug and arrogant jackasses came from? There are tons of nicknames for mac users because so many are vocal about their superiority. I can assure you that there are just as many mac fanboys that love to start flame wars as there are PC fanboys.

16. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

I never said there weren't. I know I've been quick to say that the answer to a PC user's problem once before was to get a Mac, but that was before I actually had a Mac and WAS a PC user (very obsessed with getting one :p).
    But the main point I was trying to say was that the idea that Mac users start all the arguments for being superior was wrong. We're all guilty. It's just that more recently I've seen people provoking Mac users FIRST, rather than in the past.
    Engadget, for example, has been posting a lot more Apple stories recently because Apple is becoming more and more active in the technology world again, and the PC users often pipe up and complain about how Engadget are fanboys even in articles saying things about Apple in the same way they would do for another company in the same position.

17. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I think everybody just gets way too serious about it. Keep it tongue-in-cheek and it's more fun. :)

It doesn't really matter what Mac users and what PC users say. If they make fanboy comments they aren't going to be swayed otherwise, so it's just a waste of time even worrying about it.

18. otispunkmeyer macrumors 6502

its the same with everything

it doesn not matter one jot how fool prood you make something, someone will find a way to break it.

i've had pc's and now i have a mac, i know how to look after both and guess what? i havent had any serious maladies from either of them

my last windows pc ran continuously for 2 years without issue.

of course there was the odd BSOD, but then i've had kernel panics on this thing as well

for me, neither is more reliable than the other... it all depends on the user.

19. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Just adding my 2 cents. I used to be a PC guy, argued endlessly with my friends who used Macs. Told them they we prima-donnas and supported Windows.

But then I got tired of Windows crashing and no not because I hit on those banners adds or anything else. Windows is way to open for any and all viruses and spyware no matter how much AV and Spyware programs you have.

So I made the switch to my MBP and I guess I became one of those prima-donnas that I was so harsh against and I am damn proud of it. I will never own another PC again and will try my best to stay away from Windows.

Like I said, my 2 cents.

Peace:cool:

20. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

why do you even bother to goto a gaming forum anyway, Im sure there are 99% windows users there, any excuse you can think of, or anybody here can think for you, will be throw out of window in a sec. calm down and don't frustrate yourself.

21. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Like I said it completely depends on the topic. Engadget has tons of mac fanboys who say "macbook rip off" everytime theres a simple designed laptop, or some other comment about how perfect macs are compared to PCs. If all you read are the mac article comments then of course you are going to notice PC users saying something stupid more often.

Trying to find out who started the war first is like solving the chicken or the egg. Of course Apple isnt helping ending it with their arrogant commercials that put PC users on the defensive.

22. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

A gaming forum, frankly I don't think I can take the "gaming culture" seriously what so ever, let's just leave it at that. I have an account on a "gaming forum," well really it's a small fan forum for a little game called EVE Online. You could do something as innocent as post a screenshot which glimpses the fact that you have OSX and you'll have once respectable people crawling out of the woodwork trying to start a war. Then you have people who fuel the fire for the "lols..."

* Yes, this little bit is satire.

23. mstens macrumors member

Probably like the newbie linux user I knew that reinstalled instead of running fsck. Course, that was also before the file system was journaled. They're 'screwed' because they don't know any better.. yet.

24. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Yeah. I've definitely seen that kind of thing before. I know it's bad to make sweeping generalizations about anything or anyone, but there are tons of PC gamers that are otherwise logical people, but can't wait to rain on Mac's parade no matter what.

25. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Life is too short to fight about what kind of computer you use. :rolleyes: