Need help - Found a 16 gb iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ozsome, Mar 20, 2011.

1. ozsome macrumors newbie

Guys,

I need help, i found a 16 gb iPhone in a cab in Singapore 4 days ago. I was waiting for a call on the phone from the owner so i can give it back but havent heard from anyone. The iPhone has a AT&T chip, so my take is someone from America had left the phone. The phone has a 4 digit password protector so i cannot even get inside to find out whose phone it is. I with the phone have now flown back to India and dont know what to do.....

Can any one help how i can bypass or open the phone ... maybe i will only use it or give it to my brother ....:)

Let me know if anyone knows how to ..?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I don't think anyone in here will give you instruction to by pass the password so you can keep it. You should have taken the phone to AT&T and they should be able to find it's owner.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

He found the phone in Singapore ... ie, no AT&T store.
    Like the person above said, no one probably will tell you on this forum how to bypass the phone. I'm pretty sure its possible, but I don't know how to do it. I'm sure you can find your answer somewhere *ahem* Google.

I think the phone is pretty much a lost cause for the owner, and the person trying to give it back. I would personally tell you just to keep it because dropping it off at your Indian police station won't do any good, and I doubt the owner will know that the phone is in India (unless he has AT&T service connected, and then he find its through MobileMe).

You should have left the phone back in Singapore though.

4. jdaniel macrumors 65816

Yeah singapore police register lost phones if the owners know IMEI number.. problem with iphones is when it is locked... the police cant find out the IMEI number..so if you lose your phone you are basically ****ed.. I had mine stolen/lost dont remember once and I remember the battery was dying so I was fxxxed either way.