Need Help Mac and PC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i-sidd, Jul 8, 2007.

  1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

    Apr 27, 2006
    Hi guys,

    My GF has a dell laptop and it is showing some DLL errors. We don't want to loose any of the pictures that are in that Hard drive. I have a macbook. we also have an external harddrive enclosure, is it possible for me to take the hard drive out from the pc and put it in the enclosure and then connect it to my mac and recover the pictures. It is possible, if not then can anyone please recommend how to go about solving this issue.

  2. gr8tfly macrumors 603


    Oct 29, 2006
    ~119W 34N
    It should work fine. Mac can read FAT32 or NTFS.

    Make sure the enclosure matches the drive type - SATA or PATA.
  3. wakeboarder2186 macrumors newbie

    Jun 6, 2007
    if the hd enclosure doesnt work there are places online and in town normally that sell IDE to USB cables that work well, i have on that supports 3.5 and 2.5 IDE drives along with sata drives, chances are if its a laptop its a 2.5" drive. so that is always an option. just go on ebay and search for IDE to usb
  4. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Apr 27, 2006
    I am no techie, so a little more explanationwould be great. How do I know whether the enclosure is SATA or PATA?

Share This Page