Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
I have unlocked multiple iPhones without an issue with them.

----------

He must think these guys have a some illegal hacked access to the database, when in reality the submission is handled the same way when AT&T does it. Through the same channels.

Exactly what they do :) they just have access....... If you ok with funding people like that again fine in my book.

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada
I would contact the sellers and have them double check the imei again just to verify. Tell them the issues you're having. If they say its good on their end then you can rule that part out.
Also dont trust many of those imei check websites. Some give wrong lock status on purpose so you can purchase an unlock from them.

Swiftunlocks does it for around $2.
What you mentioned above doesnt stand. He is the most reputable seller and if you think by paying more for an unlock is better I got bad news for your wallet:)

Yes, those websites aren't reliable at all. My iPhone 5 is unlocked, and its status on the website shows up as "unknown". Good luck with that problem of yours OP! :(

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
Ran it again, this time it's telling my Repair and Service Coverage is Expired, where as before it had an end date of Sep 13. And according to Apple's Warranty page, my iPhone is still covered until Sep 13.

Flakey webiste may be flakey.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Exactly what they do :) they just have access....... If you ok with funding people like that again fine in my book.

And who are you funding? AT&T only unlocks if the phone is out contract or if you have an account good standing. So, those that don't have an account and they buy a used phone still out of contract are usually SOL without using these guys "with access".

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
And who are you funding? AT&T only unlocks if the phone is out contract or if you have an account good standing. So, those that don't have an account and they buy a used phone still out of contract are usually SOL without using these guys "with access".

He's funding his $10 unlock guy but our boy for $2 is too low class for him:D

Ndz111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
SOLVED!!!!

GOTTA SAY I'm happy man!

Ok, this is the first time that 3 imei unlock sellers failed me at the same time. All checked and said mine is unlocked and nothing changed. Then I finally bought the $10 unlock from iphoneimei.info. After around 20 hours, it said unlocked, and I did a restore and yay, my t-mobile sim card is recognized, finally!! 4 days and dozens of restores and downgrade, finally... cost me $27 in total :((

After this, I would still stick with swiftunlocks though, cuz it's cheaper and I have been a long time customer with unlock_fusion :)) just got another iphone 5 unlocked with him, but I would definitely trust the IMEI check on iphoneimei.info, 100%. It may be because all three unlock i bought was around the time that apple server got problem.

And to a guy up there, iphoneimei.info showed your iphone 4s's sim lock as unknown, which is normal. All my unlocked iphone 4s and 5 is shown as unknown.

I'm happy hahaha, cuz now I know it's not the phone hardware that is defective.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
SOLVED!!!!

GOTTA SAY I'm happy man!

Ok, this is the first time that 3 imei unlock sellers failed me at the same time. All checked and said mine is unlocked and nothing changed. Then I finally bought the $10 unlock from iphoneimei.info. After around 20 hours, it said unlocked, and I did a restore and yay, my t-mobile sim card is recognized, finally!! 4 days and dozens of restores and downgrade, finally... cost me $27 in total :((

After this, I would still stick with swiftunlocks though, cuz it's cheaper and I have been a long time customer with unlock_fusion :)) just got another iphone 5 unlocked with him, but I would definitely trust the IMEI check on iphoneimei.info, 100%. It may be because all three unlock i bought was around the time that apple server got problem.

And to a guy up there, iphoneimei.info showed your iphone 4s's sim lock as unknown, which is normal. All my unlocked iphone 4s and 5 is shown as unknown.

I'm happy hahaha, cuz now I know it's not the phone hardware that is defective.

Finally lol next time just stick with tested and proven; i feel your in regards restores/downgrades :D quite annoying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.