Need help with Mac the Ripper and Handbreak

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bigg black, Dec 19, 2007.

1. bigg black macrumors newbie

i've tried both of these apps but just cant get movie playback once its done ripping. im not to sure if im doing this right but if anyone knows of a good site with some sort of tutorial on it for ether of these, or can just explain in now would be greatly appreciated. :confused::(

2. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Are you ripping these movies back to a dvd or trying to playback from your computer?

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

handbreak hehe its handbrake ;)

mactheripper rips the dvd to an unencrypted video_ts folder that you can burn to a dvd using toast's "video_ts folder" option under video. you can then play the dvd in a dvd player.

handbrake rips the dvd and then encodes it to mpeg4 which you can play in quicktime/front row. it takes a lot longer than mactheripper as its converting the dvd video to another format which has a smaller file size. my macbook pro core duo encodes a dvd with handbrake in about 1.5-2 hrs.

4. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Popcorn is my favorite application after running Mac the Ripper, very nice interface and worth the meagre price. http://www.roxio.com I usually stick a couple of my DVD's onto my iPhone using this and it takes maybe 3 hours in total. Cant recommend it enough.

5. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

If you type "Handbrake" into Google, what is the very first link that turns up?