Need MMORGP suggestions >WoW

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Bill P., Jun 8, 2008.

1. Bill P. macrumors regular

Bill P.

After reaching level 70 sometime ago, I've found that I cannot compete with the younger players being both an oldster and (primarily) a keyboard turner. IOW, I'm too dang slow. Soooo, I'm going to give away all my gold and goodies and try to find a more suitable game that meets my play style (PVE).

I would much appreciate suggestions from this community.

Thanks!

Bill

2. meta macrumors newbie

meta

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Oh come on. ;) You can't be that slow as it's not like a FPS, (unless maybe your playing a healer class, which seems to be high pressure at times). Just admit you've gotten bored with it. :D Aren't (Weren't) we all mousers in WoW? Even now when I see a WoW screen shot my heart flutters a bit...

Are you Boot Camp capable? Must be a MMO? Your not going to find much in the way of native Mac MMORPGs (an opinion some might disagree with). Depending on the answer I'd recommend Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (RPG- PC, Xbox), or The Witcher (RPG- PC), or as in the previous post, Age of Conan (MMORPG, PC, Xbox (future release), possibly Bioshock (RPG, PC, Xbox), and of course Halo Series (PC, Xbox, FPS) and Half Life 2 (PC, Xbox?, FPS) in single player mode for the FPSs.

4. zarley macrumors member

Bill,

I would definately give Vanguard a shot...HUGE world and it really is a TRUE RPG experience. No power leveling, mature players and endless non-linear gameplay. A lot of people will tell you all about the bugs and problems but that was at launch and Sony has come a loooooong way. Trust me, its worth a try!

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/

5. Bill P. thread starter macrumors regular

Bill P.

Thanks meta and Huntn. I appreciate the suggestions. BTW, my bad, I meant to say that I'm primarily a keyboard turner, sigh...

6. webs2slow4me macrumors newbie

Tibia. If you are lokng for that sower paced mmo the graphics aren't as good as other games, but I've found it relaxing to do homework or watch tv while playing.

Edit: this is assuming you can emmulate windows as it is sadly pc only.