Need serious helped, broke my dads 3gs.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nickpooz, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Nickpooz, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012

Nickpooz macrumors newbie

Well thanks for taking the time to read my post.
    If I do not manage to fix this I will have to give him my 4s or buy him another phone.

Okay cutting out the long story I put the ipad basebound on my dads 3gs, I used redsnow for this, Everything was fine, He needed an unlock for it so I followed a youtube video, did everything on video unlocked fine and all worked.

Now I had to restore the phone for him, had no idea about it so just did a normal dfu restore in itunes, got error after error and phone is stuck on black screen, sometimes lit up.

Itunes detects the phone in dfu ect, try to restore always error. I tried using snowbreeze to make a iso file with preserved baseband, and run tiny umbrella with tss and put in pwnd dfu and restore still no luck.

tried to downgrade basebound always getting errors.

the only thing i have done that managed to get somthing on the 3gs screen is click fix recovery on tiny ubrella and these show up on the scree.
    this is the first thing that pops up on screen.
    http://i.imgur.com/sjOFS.jpg

and this is the next screen (stays like that for a while then goes off)
    http://i.imgur.com/XwYU3.jpg
    any help or tips thanks allot;

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Dude, why are you mixing and crossing techniques? Did you do any reading before pulling jumps? Always read ahead to know what you will do and what to expect in a given situation. It seems you didn't do your homework.

Anyways, nothing is lost. First off, connect that 3GS to a computer that you haven't used for jailbreaking purposes and hit the Restore button. I don't care if you did it already, try it again and report back (give me error number if one appears if if successful)

3. Nickpooz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the fast reply
    http://i.imgur.com/39zLE.png
    1600 if you cannot see image. but have had, 2002 before and over stuff.
    thanks again

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you need to do a lot more reading and understanding of what you doing before you attempt anything.
    You're talking about iso files, ssh and other things that dont fit anywhere.
    What you need to do is create a custom 5.1.1 firmware .ipsw file.
    Put the iphone in pwned dfu and restore to that.
    You might need to install the ipad baseband again since the phone is in inconsistent state from trying to restore to stock firmware.
    And then once the ipad bb has been successfully flashed again then you can use redsnow to downgrade the baseband.
    Try some tutorials on iclarified.com for more info and location of files needed to download.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Thats a USB error, try rebooting. Make it simple for you, anything 160x error related is USB.

6. Nickpooz thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi thanks, for the response, I have tried to do the reinstall of the iphone basband via redsnow, and it always gets stuck on waiting for reboot after uploading the second stage, I also tried to make 5.1.1 custom firmware on snowbreze, and read online that i needed to start tss sever, sorry for saying ssh no idea were that come from

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Look, pick a tool and stick to it! Don't jump from tool to tool.

8. Nickpooz thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey mate, tried the restore again and error changed again
    2009 now
    http://imgur.com/EBpZn

----------

Sorry, I tried each tool one by one, as each was failing, tried restore again got different error

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, you dont need to start tss.
    Make sure your hosts file point to apples server since 5.1.1 is the latest firmware signed by apple you dont need Tinyumbrella at all.
    Also try using another computer if redsnow doesnt work right on yours or run it in compatibility mode under windows xp and click run as admin. if you're using a windows 7 computer.

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Error 2009, means baseband error.

Jumping from tool to tool is what causes stuff like this.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

OP, you need to relax, take it slow and do things one step at a time calmly.
    Understand what you're doing. Follow a tutorial, make sure you have the right version ipsw files, JB programs, latest itunes version, functional usb cables etc...
    Dont try every JB program out there or other incompatible ones. Stick to one.
    It will work if you do it right, it works for everyone else.

12. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I believe Pwnage Tool works with the 3GS. Is this an old 3GS or recent one?

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, either the latest pwnage or redsnow.
    Its the old 3GS since he had it unlocked with the ipad bb before he said.
    I dont think its a new one or he would have fried the radios on it if he tried install the ipad bb.

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Then why not install a custom .ipsw using Pwnage Tool instead of going through the mountain of garbage that is sn0wbreeze.

15. Nickpooz thread starter macrumors newbie

I am on windows but can download a virtual machine, i think the problem started because i tried a restore with ipad baseband. any more help would be great or a tutorial on what you think i should do, or if someone can help me on skype or teamviewer,
    skype id : nickpooz

16. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Nick,

You do not need a virtual machine of any kind.

What you need is:

The latest RedSn0w

A fresh iOS 5.1.1 for your 3GS

Follow this tutorial on how to create a NO_BB IPSW, but for 5.1.1 and not 5.1

How to Jailbreak your 3GS using RedSn0w

How to downgrade your iPhone 3GS baseband

17. Nickpooz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks allot, I will delete all of these i have, and will download all new and fresh and try again, will post back.

18. Nickpooz thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay so I tried all of the above, I first tried the baseband downgrade, that went fine come up on screen, then when it says rest takes part on your device screen went black then nothing, tried the baseband upgrade, then followed the over tutorial same thing black screen, tried restore got 2009 error again.

any over ideas ?

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Weird.
    Try it again with redsnow on another computer.
    You will have to upgrade to the ipad baseband first and then try downgrading.
    So update to the ipad bb.
    Then create a custom ipsw with redsnow. Put your iphone in Pwned dfu and restore with itunes by using that no_BB 5.1.1 ipsw you made with redsnow.
    Then if its done restoring fine then you can JB with redsnow and last downgrade the baseband.

20. Nickpooz thread starter macrumors newbie

Have tried to upgrade to ipad baseband just now and it fails every time, after waiting for reboot it says rest takes place on devive, screen stays black.

anyone else have any idea?