Need some advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lexical, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Lexical macrumors regular

Ok so my iPhone 5 has the seemingly well documented issue with the sleep/wake button not working unless you press it on the left side. I have a genius appointment booked in for tomorrow to hopefully get it replaced. Its been happening for about a month now.

However...

The issue seems to have become more intermittent today and sometimes it seems to work ok and other times it wont. Its a 60 mile round trip to the Apple store and i only want to go if they will replace the phone, which they seem to do for this issue.

Im concerned because my warranty runs out next month sometime, i got the phone on launch day last year… I don't want to be stuck in 2 months with a phone that doesn't work outside of warranty.

Do you think its worth going? What if it seems ok tomorrow? Will they still listen to my problem even if it seems ok at the time?

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Is a well documented issue so they should do it even if intermittent.

If u plan to sell it soon and u have no compulsion hiding this problem from the buyer, ur conscience.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Go. You have much to loose and much to gain. No, that's not sarcasm.

4. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I too have a launch day iPhone 5 with the same issue. If I get a replacement phone now, will it be covered by warranty for 90 days starting now; or only until the warranty on the current phone in hand runs out?

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

^^

This . It's a real easy descison get the phone replaced now while you have warranty. My five had a different issue ( would not work on calls except on speaker phone) and it was swapped out via UPS and my Apple representative the next day....haven't had the home button issue, but get it do e while you can.

6. Lexical thread starter macrumors regular

Well i have until Sep 21st, but the thing is do you think they will replace it? I mean, my girlfriend has the same problem on her IP5 but its much worse, mine is, like i said, seemingly intermittent.