Need some help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macloverhere, Oct 7, 2012.

1. macloverhere macrumors newbie

I was reading on here about people using their iphones to catch a cheating spouse and one suggestion was to link your apple id to their iphone and then using icloud to "find my phone". Can someone tell me how to link your spouse's phone to your apple id, and without them knowing it? I'm kind of new to all of this so if you can please explain in laymen's terms that would be great!

2. simsaladimbamba

We probably will not help you in your endeavour to spy on your spouse, since it is in a grey area, legally speaking.
    And as far as I know, one can only link one i-device to one Apple ID, thus your spouse would probably get wind of it as soon as s/he wants to download something from the App Store or iTunes.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Spying a wife is not illegal. It is frowned upon since you are supposed to trust your wife. But anyways, I'll help you.

First, there is no way to unify Apple IDs, so you have to ether replace hers or, write in your iCloud information (in addition to hers) and just leave "Find my iPhone" option enabled with everything else disabled (apps, contacts, etc). Mind you of you get caught, the tables can easily get turned on you by spying on your information now.

The latter is the recommended course of action since it offers zero insight the phone was messed with unless your wife goes into the deep settings. Highly improbable if the wife is not tech savy, but possible.

Hope it helps. PM if any more help is needed

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Call Spade & Archer ..... whoops, make that Samuel Spade. :)

And remember, a woman killed Miles. :eek:

5. Xavier macrumors 68020

6. macloverhere thread starter macrumors newbie

Xavier I considered find my friend but don't know how to download it on her phone without her knowing it is there.