Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
LastLine said:
Yeah, but it's like the ipod/imac/Macbook conundrum. Buy now when you want it, or wait and do the whole thing again in 6 months time ;) NAh, I'm game for now :)
Usually true.

Just heard some rumors about some new technologies over here in Japan. Nothing too specific.

But then again, that is always going to hold true.

Surprising how prices are really dropping these days.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Well it'll be a few months before I have the cash anyway so I might as well wait I suppose. That £600 LG from Currys seems likely at the minute though, my iBook's nearly paid for so if I could get a nice Buy now pay 12 months deal...I'd be happy :)

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
LastLine said:
So yeah, I'm in the UK and looking to buy a HDTV at the minute, doesn't need to be big (20" would be perfect actually) but it should also ideally be able to hold a decent PC resolution as well (1280x1024 perhaps).

Has anyone seen anything particularly "Bargainish" in the UK lately? I don't have a massive budget but need this :p Thoughts appreciated.
What HD source are you going to have? SKY HD, Freeview HD (Trial á la DCV) or other?

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Well the reality is if any TV actually comes through it, it's gonna be Freeview. But the more likely reality is that it'll be used for consoles and DVD's only. I watch *very* little TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.