Netflix Login

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Blorzoga, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Blorzoga, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Has anyone noticed that Netflix now forces you to login on the iPad almost every time you use it? It used to be that you'd just tap Netflix and it would start, but not any more. It's very annoying. I assume that when I restored my iPad from a backup it installed an updated version that has this annoying feature.

2. Shutterbug78 macrumors newbie

3. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You should remove the app from your iPad and re-download it. That worked for me.

Edit: evidently that link posted above explains that already.

5. Blorzoga thread starter macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

It will go straight in if you've recently logged in, however, after a while of non-use, I think it will make you log in. The version of Netflix that I have on my ipad2 was freshly downloaded on Friday. There seems to be a grace period during which you can go back in without logging in. Try not using it for a while and then opening it.

----------

My issue was not that netflix wouldn't recognize my login; rather, it just asked for my login instead of remembering it.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ did you try what I told you to try then? It worked for me.

7. Blorzoga thread starter macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I will when I get home tonight. Thanks, Jessica.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Report back because that is the only thing that supposedly fixes it. If not then Netflix needs to jump on it and fix it. Lord knows those aholes are charging us enough!

9. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

Reinstalling the Netflix app did not fix it. This happens on my iPad2 and new iPad. Every day I get the error 113 and have to input my Netfix user email and password. It will work for the day and then the next day I get the Error113 again. This happened after updating the latest Netflix app. I called Netflix and they don't know anything. It is a Netflix app issue. It's like it won't remember my password info for the Netflix account. It's a pia.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The last resort would be to restore your iPad and re-download Netflix from the App store. I wouldn't re-sync it after restoring it. Netflix help can take a lot longer than that. Sadly.

11. Blorzoga thread starter macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

It happens on my ipad3 ipad2 and PC. I think it may just be Netflix trying to fight the abuse of multiple users. I've heard that they allow 5 active devices per account but maybe they're trying to crack down. I'm surprised they haven't limited users more and wouldn't be surprised if they start ramping up user security.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

To my knowledge, they increased the number of devices recently. I know they limit it but I wonder if you're right. The issue is, I don't think this is happening for me. I'm going to grab my iPad 1 and see.

13. lilsoccakid74 macrumors 6502

I believe they now allow 8 devices per account, I think this is practical. I use 7 of them between all my devices so I cant see them lowering it too much.:)

14. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I don't know if connected to the UK rollout, but I had a letter from them today, a months free trial etc. oddly enough, they don't mention the ATV at all, just the iPhone, iPad etc....:confused:

15. brian017 macrumors regular

I get an invalid email or password message even though the password is correct. I even reset my password but no luck :confused:

16. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

I was constantly having to enter my password every time I logged on. I deleted the app, reinstalled it, and now everything is working fine.