Netflix

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Willie5566, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Willie5566 macrumors regular

What is so great about Netflix? I know people love it and I like the idea of it but the selection is terrible. I was a cigar lounge that has netflix for customers wanting to watch a movie and I struggled to find anything that interested me. 90% of the stuff I had never heard of.

I would love to stream movies but with what Netflix offers there is no way I would pay for it.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I love netflix. It has every movie I want to see....

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

For the price the streaming selection is unmatched.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Their catalog is growing, but I use the DVD and streaming options for the best of both worlds

I have used it a lot for streaming TV shows
    The streaming only option is fairly cheap now

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

For like 8 bucks, you get unlimited streaming and some movies in the mail. THey might not have every movie you want to watch, but they have enough to make it worth it. If they don't have the movie you want to stream, then you can always just request them to send you a disc.

6. QuarterSwede, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Netflix's real advantage is their DVD/BluRay catalog. You can find anything on it. There are movies on it I never would have thought they would have even known about. Love me some Netflix.

I also like how I can see a trailer for an unreleased movie, search Netflix, find a synopsis page and they'll allow me to save it to my queue for when it's released on disc. Brilliant.

7. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

You say that like it's a bad thing.

8. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

There's a lot of great older stuff and their foreign selection is unsurpassed. Too bad that they're just now getting around to subtitles...

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I watched the entire Millennium series on watch instantly. Their foreign selection is great.

10. Willie5566 thread starter macrumors regular

I travel a lot so the dvd version is not good for me. I want to be able to stream whenever-wherever and the streaming options blow. Apparently, the foreign films rock though. That is good since there is such a huge following of foreign films.:confused:

11. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I would not bother if you are just getting it for the streaming (if you are watching it on a computer, just use Hulu). Getting DVD's along with the streaming is very much worth it though.

12. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

I stream Thomas the Train for my toddler. THAT makes it worth it right there

13. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

The instant Movie selection is not the greatest but the TV series are what really makes Netflix worthwhile. I've watched Heroes, Lost, Dexter, Weeds and all kinds of other shows streaming.

14. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I'd rather go to Redbox. Netflix doesn't even get new movies right away, let alone when it is available it's not available for streaming, just dvd. Netflix sucks imo!