Network settings weirdness

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by GreggM3, Jun 24, 2014.

1. GreggM3 macrumors 6502

Occasionally my phone will show 3G... I go into settings under cellular data and it has enable 3G as an option. If I reset network settings the normal enable LTE option shows back up. Later that day or the next, 3G shows back up. Very strange bug. Anyone else getting this?

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Everyone else is getting it. I think it may just be the name, not actually 3G.

3. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

Are you on AT&T?

It seems some on AT&T are getting this between LTE and 3G. No more 4G, but they was never really a true 4G on AT&T.

Who knows, I remember when they switched everyone on AT&T to show 4G, that was a big mess. I wonder if its going to stay this way until release.

4. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Yes, I'm on AT&T. Another weird thing about AT&T is that their stock ticker symbol "T" keeps adding itself to my list of stocks in notifications. I can delete it and it eventually reappears.

5. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

Yeah I think Apple is just clearing up and fixing what they display for the different networks on AT&T. I bet it stays displaying what it does now in the beta.

As far as the stock ticker, that really sounds like a beta bug problem.

6. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Or maybe AT&T is trying to send you a message.

7. FelixDerKater macrumors 68020

FelixDerKater

I can get LTE back by cycling Airplane Mode from the Control Center. It only recovers from there. Cycling it in the Settings app doesn't work.

8. GreggM3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can get back the LTE settings if I reset my network settings but it eventually goes back to 3G settings. After beta 2 ate all of my data plan on AT&T I had to go back to 7.1.1 however.