Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
slffl said:
People who make their purchasing decisions based on BRAND NAMES don't deserve a mac.

Don't deserve a Mac? You're kidding... right? Of course people purchase products because of the Apple brand name. Apple is known for their great design and reliable OS. So why not buy because of the brand name?

Your statement is severely flawed.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
p0intblank said:
Don't deserve a Mac? You're kidding... right? Of course people purchase products because of the Apple brand name. Apple is known for their great design and reliable OS. So why not buy because of the brand name?

Your statement is severely flawed.

Because buying ignorantly and then complaining about it is really stupid.

n8236

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2006
I kind of have a mixed review of how I feel about my Apple product.

Being a 14 yr PC user, I blindly switched over to Apple due to rumors of OSX running XP. I'm a bit of a gamer, so it was vital that I had access to XP. In any case, on a leap of faith I bought into a MBP during Feb and i've had my fair share of problems.

Release latch is soft, whine, heat, magsafe sleeve coming off, paint peels, bad trackpad button, and a super loud right fan. I'm not exaggerating, these problems really happened and are in no way minor.

Got mobo replaced, heat & whine went away. Replaced top panel, paint peeling gone. Super glued my magsafe, perfect now. But I still suffer constantly w/ the weak release button and sometimes the right fan noise when using 3D.

Dispite all that, I found myself embracing the most important thing of all. OSX. Things just work, productivity flows, things organized, and just more human friendly. Sure I wish my machine was perfect, but I didn't lose sight of some of the bigger things and I love my MBP.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
miles01110 said:
Because buying ignorantly and then complaining about it is really stupid.

Well yeah, that's dumb. I agree with you on that. But I do buy products because of the Apple brand name. I don't buy just because it is made by Apple, but because of what it represents. That's what I was trying to say.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
p0intblank said:
Well yeah, that's dumb. I agree with you on that. But I do buy products because of the Apple brand name. I don't buy just because it is made by Apple, but because of what it represents. That's what I was trying to say.

Fair enough. When I look to buy another computer, I don't even think about other manufacturers either :)

haleyvan

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
StartTday said:
I took my MacBook in to the Genius Bar twice yesterday. Bringing to my total service problems up to four within one month. I had the random shutdown problem, that was fixed somehow to twice having the vertical lines problem, RAM replaced, and then my computer wouldn't boot up at all.perfectly.

same things have happened to me - i had to take mine to the school computer fixing place and they have been waiting on apple to send them logic boards to replace in the 20 macbooks they have there - it's been 2 weeks and no sign of them. i am seriously stuck without my own laptop - im a freaking college student! woe is me

jap652

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2006
alec said:
A lot of people are having issues with their MacBooks. I'm one of them. Consider a MacBook Pro or a Rev. B Macbook. That's what I'm thinking (and praying) will fix my long term needs.

This is rather a newbie question, so apoligies on my behalf, but what's the difference between a Rev A and Rev B macbook? I just ordered a white 1.8ghz macbook - what rev will this be?

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
jap652 said:
This is rather a newbie question, so apoligies on my behalf, but what's the difference between a Rev A and Rev B macbook? I just ordered a white 1.8ghz macbook - what rev will this be?

Revision A.

Revision B doesn't exist yet.

jap652

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2006
Silentwave said:
Revision A.

Revision B doesn't exist yet.

Bummer. But I hear they have changed the plastic of the white macbook promptly after the discoloration was indentified?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.