Never going to a strip club again!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Nov 12, 2011.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

So me and my friends were drinking a bit last night and the sober one told us we should go to a strip club.

I've never gone to one before, thought it would be kinda fun. Why not? If we don't like it we can leave.

I was slightly nervous, I'll admit.

We all went in, $10 charge at the door.

My friends are all having a good time it seems, I am too.

We each get a lap dance, however, I didn't even get an erection. I didn't see the point. Maybe it was because I was drinking a lot. Maybe it was because I knew she wasn't into me. Maybe it was because I was nervous. I don't know.

We are all about to leave as soon as one of our friends gets back. When the friend comes back, we can see it in his face he is in trouble. He whispers to us," I need $150..."

We ask him why and he says he will tell us later but to not mess with him right now. He isn't pulling any funny ****.

I want our group to high tail the hell out of there because I had an idea what it was.

Well one of my friends decided to help him out and pay the $150.

Well, when we are outside our friend supposedly was under the impression that a lapdance was $25. Which he was correct. But he supposedly she kept on dancing even after each song was done and screwed him over.

When he said he didn't have $150 to pay the bouncers surrounded him and threatened to get the money from one of us within 10 minutes.

Last time I go to one. They are trashy, aren't worth it, and just plain garbage. Tchuss!

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Is that even legal? The bouncers aren't allowed to assault you unless you're belligerent or refuse to leave or something like that.

3. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm pretty sure it's illegal but 1. Cell phones aren't allowed in. 2. Who is going to believe a bunch of college kids? 3. I have been told stories.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Ya it sounds like your buddy got taken advantage of. I'll agree though they are very trashy. I've only ever been to them for bachelor parties and such.

5. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Hum... maybe your friend should have not gotten those 6 dances if he couldn't pay for them ?

6. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

He thought it was $25 one time fee and there is a time limit unless he wanted to stop or something, which apparently he did.

7. Sankersizzle, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

You went to a really bad strip club from the sounds of it. At most clubs, the strippers charge per song. The songs always start RIGHT after the other one. There would never be a time when "each song was done", since they want to keep the girls dancing as much as possible. The songs are also very short versions of themselves, with solos and what not cut out to maintain the high energy. Due to this, it's super easy to get "scammed" by getting lap dances and forgetting how many songs you've been getting grinded on for. It's entirely possible that the girl just said he got 6 songs worth of dancing when in reality it's only been 2 or 3. Strippers always think they can pull fast ones on customers but it's important to remember that they're usually incredibly stupid and there attempts to scam are usually painfully obvious, haha.

That being said, I've heard of A LOT of clubs (especially in Montreal) where you go in and there are no girls dancing and the "bouncers" just beat you up and take your money. I'm not even joking.

8. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I don't even - WHAT??

I've never heard of this before - and I've been to a LOT of gentlemen's clubs. MAJOR red flag there!!

Yeah, in my experience, when the song ends they often ask you if you want them to keep going. Sounds to me like your friend was a n00b in this arena and it didn't occur to him that he'd be paying per song.

That being said, have lap dances gotten to $25 now? Around here they're still $20, at least the last several times I've been out. ($25 in VIP, though)

9. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Most strip clubs I've gone to in my life have the policy well in view of every patron on the wall.

I think this is more a case of a guy who just wanted the stripper to keep going.

----------

I live in Montreal and I've heard of no such thing.

The only club to watch for was Cafe Cleopatre, and it's closed down. And the reason wasn't getting beat up, it was because all the strippers were transgendered and they didn't quite make that fact clear.

10. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Did you get more than you bargained for?

11. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Nope, luckily I got the info from a co-worker who was actually into that sort of thing so I never had to find out the hard way (bad pun if ever there was one).

12. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

So you're never going back again because of your stupid friend?

13. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

It happened to a few of my buddies more than once when we went down. They aren't actually clubs, just dudes standing on St. Catherines waiting for stupid kids to walk by and promise them sweet dances and what not, but in reality it's just a room with dudes who beat you up, haha.

14. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Wait wait wait, so let me get this straight. Men actually go into a building with nasty, skanky whores grinding all up on them and pay hundreds of dollars for this nonsense? I mean i can understand if it were cheaper, sort of. I've never been to one, so these prices you guys are talking about are shocking to me. The whole concept of this is a bit odd to me. I mean, those women are notoriously grimy and loose, must be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway at this point. Come on men, get some standards! This doesn't sound fun to me, no wonder the OP didn't get a boner, i don't see how anyone would.

15. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

I'm impressed. A stripper that can count to 6...

16. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Awesome.
    :D:D:D

17. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

And you know this how?

Oh, I see. :rolleyes:

18. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Sorry, I don't have to pay girls to undress. The concept is ridiculous to me.

19. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

That's another rule right? Go in the morning before the "skanks" get too sweaty and nasty.

20. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

The strip clubs near my college were awful, and as a result, trips to them were more often undertaken as a joke or punishment than for anything else. :D

But either way, I'd absolutely pull a 180 at any bar or club that tried to take my cell phone away.

21. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

And yet, in another nearby thread you say you almost never leave your room and don't know anyone. :confused:

22. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

That's not what you were saying in that other thread Mr. "My Mom has more social activities than me". ;)

23. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Just cuz i have a hard time socializing doesn't mean i don't get laid. ;)

Remember, i work at a gym, hormone city.

24. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

/Nelson voice from Simpsons

Ha ha!

25. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

I went to one about 8 or so yrs ago. I remember my buddy up at the dance stage. He had some cash in front of him. One of the girls did a 2 second dance and reached for the money he pulled it back since he felt she didn't earn it. She slapped the hell out of him. Funny as hell!