Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

?

• YES

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
I have changed my mind. I am getting the iPhone 14 Pro Max after I just traded in my other devices.

The Original Thread: Out of ALL iPhones..... The iPhone 14 series has been the WORST & Biggest Disappointment in the history of the iPhones.... What do you think?
Removing the physical sim card
No 8K video recording for future proofing videos.
MUCH HIGHER prices in other countries outside of America
The notch has become a big pill blocking the screen
the regular 14's has last year's processor
no improvements to the speaker system
no titanium to reduce the weight
the camera examples look very bad for such an upgrade
The iPhone 7 to iPhone 8 was a useful/bigger upgrade :mad::( we waited for one year for this? and LOOK AT THE TRADE IN PRICES :eek: they lowered it without any warnings and out of the blue. I was planning on trading it in but this has never happened the same week of a new release and the iPads aren't even updated yet and they just lowered it as well.
THANKS TIM APPLE FOR SCR3WING US!!

Last edited:

ctbaz

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2014
The iPhone 7 to iPhone 8 was a useful/bigger upgrade :mad::( we waited for one year for this? and LOOK AT THE TRADE IN PRICES :eek: they lowered it without any warnings and out of the blue. I was planning on trading it in but this has never happened the same week of a new release and the iPads aren't even updated yet and they just lowered it as well.

Much higher prices because most currencies are losing value to the dollar. For example, the EURO has lost 20% of its value to the dollar since around this time last year. Makes sense that the prices would be more.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022

‘Looks like you are in the vast minority!

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
Looks like someone had this garbage thread typed up and ready to send before even watching the keynote. An amazing camera upgrade, an actionable system that allows you to do just about anything without leaving what you are doing, an always on display for those who do not wear a watch, the ability to connect to a satellite for emergencies, 29 hours of video watching on the Pro Max, 2,000 nits brightness in direct sunlight, HDR level nits in normal use, etc. All of this while keeping the same price point as everything else in life goes up with inflation...

Yeah, what a yawner :rolleyes:

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Regular models? Yeah. I see nil reason to not just get the 13 for $100 less. The 14 is effectively the same phone with negligible camera upgrades and marginally faster graphics. Think Apple are banking on the plus to really drive sales this cycle. Pro models? This is a decent enough upgrade by recent standards. 13 Pro to 14 Pro is predictably pointless, but coming from a 12 Pro and earlier there is enough there.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
I’m mostly disappointed by the price. I don’t know. If they cut prices by $100 to match what they used to be, or really 130, and the plus model started out no more than 700, I’d be impressed. Actually even that is higher than they used to be.

jimmirehman

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2012
I’m mostly disappointed by the price. I don’t know. If they cut prices by $100 to match what they used to be, or really 130, and the plus model started out no more than 700, I’d be impressed. Actually even that is higher than they used to be.
everyone knew prices were going up and this is actually much less of a price hike than expected.

Reactions: Blueline29

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
It’s simply too expensive in Europe. If this sells out, people truly need to get their priorities checked considering the climate we r living in right now OR there r more rich people than I thought
I’m not even sure what the pricing is in Europe, and I already think it’s insane in the United States. Especially since these things are only supported for A few years, and don’t last even that long because they use sealed batteries 😡

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.