Never purchasing anything from Slickwraps again

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bbplayer5, Oct 16, 2016.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Seriously terribly experience. Took over a month to get the naked skin with the screen protector combo (listed as in stock on the website). Support tickets went completely unanswered when requesting a refund.

So after a month, I finally get the product magically in the mail and the screen protector comes with this new feature called "pre-shattered". This is what happens when you put glass in an envelope and mail it to someone.

Total garbage, and would recommend avoiding this company.

2. Mosco macrumors regular

Counter point, I have made like 5-6 orders through the years from them and never had an issue.

3. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

It only takes one crappy customer service experience to potentially ruin their reputation.

4. kjotwani macrumors regular

Exactly same situation here. Broken screen protector out of box. And didn't even like the wrap feel.

5. Daranx macrumors regular

Daranx

Had one good and one semi-bad experience with them (they replaced a scratched up skin in the end). I did like their wraps and general accuracy of all the cutouts. Was only a skin so packaging wasn't an issue - I'm surprised that they think a glass screen protector would survive like that

6. 305dade macrumors newbie

305dade

I also had a bad experience with thier shipping and handling. I had to submit a PayPal dispute and then also magically my naked skin ships after being "accepted" for at least 15 days.

The skin itself seems okay so far, the corner flaps are longer and overlaps. I had to cut them off because it got ruined.

7. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Yup. Those corner flaps are slightly too long.

8. codyfisher macrumors member

Mine took weeks to arrive as well. Was "accepted" for the longest time and suddenly started moving after I contacted them through Facebook. Then, i didn't even receive my screen protector! And the wrap is alright, but it was a pain to install and the corners are not the best.

9. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

They don't sound like the most scrupulous company:

10. KillaMac Suspended

I've heard many good things about dbrand. All companies you will find issues with, even Apple.

11. Will22, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016

Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

I automatically thumbs down a review if they are the sponsor.

12. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

My only experience with Slickwraps was negative. I've written about it in another thread.

13. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Thanks for sharing, I'll remember, and tell everyone I know, never to order from this company.

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Come again?

15. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

:rolleyes: I stupidly put a thumbs down, and forgot they don't show in posts. I'll edit my post now, thanks for the heads up.

16. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I'm having a terrible time with Slickwraps as well. I purchased the BOGO deal for my iPhone 7 Plus 2 weeks ago. Crickets. I sent a scathing email today. If I don't hear back, I am just going to dispute the charge on my card and move along.

17. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I've had a pretty good experience with SW Customer Service so far. I bought the naked skin about a month ago on Amazon, and got it within a few days. It came with the deal they had on the website (2 skins, 1 tempered glass screen protector).

I just applied it yesterday, and ran into a few problems with the cut. I don't know if it was just me, or if all skins are like this, but there were small problems here and there. The edges being too long was the largest problem, as well as the sim and speaker cutouts being slightly off.

I requested a refund via amazon today early in the morning. I got a copy/paste answer about watching the video for fitment tips. I explained I had, and there it was simply the wraps I received, and messaged them on their website as well. Almost immediately after I messaged them on the website, they messaged me back on Amazon and issued a refund and offered a replacement.

I seem to be in the minority here. Maybe it's because I used Amazon. Currently their naked skin says unavailable, but order through there in the future, maybe.

18. Ds6778 macrumors 6502

Ds6778

Same issue here. They advertised 50% off flash sale but give no warning that shipping times will be delayed. I ordered a full skin for my phone and full skin for my macbook, also paid for expedited shipping. It took three weeks before I emailed them. Their excuse was "due to the recent promotion shipping times will be delayed" oh gee, thanks for telling us that. Then when I finally received my order half of it was missing. I emailed customer support and didn't get an answer for almost another week. Their response was "can you please take a picture of what you received" wasted 80 bucks. Will never buy or recommend them.

19. fultonjt macrumors regular

fultonjt

This issue goes back to the iPhone 6. There cuts aren't anywhere near as precise as the other vendors. If you can live it, they offer some pretty good deals- but the fit has been a problem for three generations of phones now.

20. Rudy83 macrumors newbie

Rudy83

I ordered the 2-pack clear wraps.

Completely and utterly f*cked up the application. First time my fault, second time side flaps were too long, and after trying to massage them into place, got frustrated and threw it all out.

No worries though, hope they enjoy my $$

21. 305dade macrumors newbie

305dade

Just a quick update my edges just started lifting up and the skin around the edges just doesn't seem to stick as well as the body.

22. Kristine macrumors 6502a

Ordered from slick wraps, took a month to receive, one item missing from order, no response to email sent to slick wraps. The two iPhone 7 Plus matte backings are not cut correctly, so cannot even be used. Waste of $30 AUS and a big negative from me.

23. Geert76 macrumors 65816

same here. Very bad experience with SlickWraps. Communication is non existing. Send me the wrong item.
    Took about 4 (!!!) weeks to receive that wrong item.

My advice: dont waste your money on SlickWraps