Never Recieved Apple Confirmation Email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JayDude132, Jun 16, 2010.

1. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

Has anyone else not recieved their confirmation email yet from Apple? I ordered yesterday around 7:45 eastern time and i still have yet to recieve an email. I logged into apple's site though and checked my order status and it shows the order for the 32gb iphone 4. I also had to change the shipping address for it today and after i did that i got an email confirming the change but still no email about the original order.

Should i be worried or do you think i'll be ok since it shows up on their site? I dont want it to get messed up and force me to wait until after the 24th to get my phone! :rolleyes:

Thanks,
    Jason

2. hippo206 macrumors 6502

were you one of the people that did the time-out, but oh **** its in my cart thing?

3 of my co-workers did that, and have not received the email. The rest of us (i'd say about 10 ppl or so) completed the whole procedure and all got emails.

Just saying, that could be the problem.

3. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

I got an 'oops' message like twice when i tried to checkout but then it did go through. I'm not sure, but i think i should probably be ok. I got to change my address and everything too on the Apple site. And it shows my order when i log in so i'm just praying that i'm gonna be ok. lol

4. hippo206 macrumors 6502

Yeah, im not saying your not going to get your phone, i just saying that might explain why you didn't get your email. Although, my co-workers that did that regret it because it just seems like if something went wrong, it would have probably been caused by that.

5. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, i hear ya. It's just a little nerve-racking not being 100% sure about this. I was hoping there would be some others on here saying "i didnt get one and i'm not worried" for some peace of mind

6. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

I think you should be alright. My confirmation took exactly 10 hours to get to me. Just take a screenshot of your Order Status page or write down your order number.

7. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

Done and done :D

8. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

no confirmation email = no reservation.

this happened to me.

ordered 1st one, got confirmation email.

ordered 2nd one, no confirmation email.

called apple store, they saw my 1st reservation, not 2nd.

re-reserved 2nd one, got confirmation email.

called apple store again, they saw both reservations.

therefore, no confirmation email = no iPhone

9. gillilandboy macrumors 6502

I got my "Order Acknowledgment" about three hours after I ordered my phone.

10. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

ordered, got charged, order show up in apple store, but no email, not really worried about it though,n as long as the store shows my order and its ship date.

11. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

EDIT: @ItsThatKush - Sounds like you reserved yours for in-store pickup though. I got mine to ship to my home. And when i made a change to the order the change was confirmed via email. Im assuming that if the order wasnt set in stone they wouldnt be able to send me an email confirming my change to an order that didnt exist. Plus when i go to apple's site, it is shown in my 'recent orders'. I actually just read another thread saying that when the 'cancel order' button on the site is not greyed out anymore, it means the information has been processed. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed!

And i did try to call apple and i can never get through. It always says, "Due to the high volume of calls we are recieving, we cannot answer your call at this time" (or something along those lines). I also went to the Apple store today and the morons who worked there didnt even try to help me out, all they said was, "give it 24 hours and if you still havent recieved one call Apple"

Like wow, that was super helpful guys...

12. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I ordered my phone at ~9:15am and I got the confirmation email at 7:00pm. My credit card was charged at 9:36am so I was not too worried about the confirmation but was happy when it did arrive.

To the OP - was your credit card charged?

13. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

Me neither... no email!

I can log into APPLE.COM and see the order number, and shipping date (6/24) but I didn't receive an email either. I don't mind, as long as I see it online. Ordered at 6:37 p.m. per the online receipt.

14. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

I feel much better already. I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately for my credit card i'm not sure how to check my recent history but the balance is up a few bucks from yesterday when i checked and i havent used it other than to order the phone.

15. pbateman macrumors 6502

I thought they charged your card once it shipped?
    I pre-ordered yesterday around 1030pm est , went to sleep and my confirmation email was in my inbox this morning, however my card has not been charged...

16. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

I, too, thought they charged your card when it shipped. They charged my card for the price of the phone and there are two $1 charges as well.

17. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

Yep, you're right. Mine was for in-store pickup. Your situation is different, but thought it may help you or anyone reading. Good luck getting yours.

18. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Ordered 7:15PM yesterday, Order Acknowlegdement email sent today at 10 AM for me with delivery on the 24th.

19. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I think it's all over the place. I have four $1 Apple charges on my account and have not been charged for the phone yet.

20. lolvera007 macrumors newbie

I ordered my iphone yesterday around 6am thru apple.com and got my confirmation email like at 10pm. Im sure it'll go thru soon. I also changed my shipping address and got that email stating that the order was updated with the new shipping address.

21. matt15f macrumors member

I ordered throu AT&T yesterday around 2pm and I still haven't gotten an email.

22. snook911 macrumors 6502a

If you used a credit card then the authorization is not held against you so it will not actually charge the card until it is shipped. If you used a debit card with a visa logo then when they authorize the card it goes against your available balance and you probably won't get that money back into your avialable balance. What happens is it stays as an authorization until it ships and then it will be charged to the account.

23. Iphonelvr macrumors member

I haven't got a confirmation email buy when i check my order status its there so i'm not worried...:rolleyes::cool:

24. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok i think its time to stop worrying :cool:

Even when i (try to) call apple, it always asks for my order number and when i put it in it accepts it. So i'll worry only if it doesnt show up at my doorstep on the 24th. Actually by that point ill probably just be pissed haha

25. Chris.Thomson macrumors member

I wouldn't worry about it too much. When I ordered my iPad on May 10, I didn't receive my order acknowledgment for 10-12 hours. Since Apple took 600,000+ pre-orders for the iPhone so far, I'm sure their online email system is just entirely swamped and it'll get around to sending it to you shortly.