NEW 13 inch 2.4's $999 at MicroCenter

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FCPcutter, Dec 8, 2010.

1. FCPcutter macrumors newbie

New, non refurb, full warranty, nothing weird.

I don't work for Micro Center. Bought mine on Saturday.

NOTE: THIS IS A BRICK AND MORTAR DEAL ONLY. Check the link below to see if there's a local shop with them in stock near you.

They will try to sell you cases, a mouse, an extended warranty, etc... Just buy the computer.

This is a decent deal for those who live with low state taxes or don't want to buy a refurb from Apple directly.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0334909

2. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

Heck of a deal - wish i lived closer to a mc now..

3. Built macrumors 68020

Old news but worthy of a repost.

I was able to get a Best Buy local to a Microcenter to price match so I was able to get the Reward Zone points along with a 45-day return window (due to Reward Zone Premier Silver status).

4. FCPcutter thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, all the deal sites stopped mentioning the deal... so, just a reminder.

5. Built macrumors 68020

Whatever. :rolleyes:

No need to be so sensitive. This wasn't a new revelation that you, and you alone, managed to find.

When you post old news, prepare to be reminded that it is, in fact, old news.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

As mentioned, this seems to be fairly normal for Microcenter -- I've seen them offer this for a while now.

Yet it's a good reminder for those who are within driving distance.

Additional note -- They cut another 10% off for openbox systems; ones which have been returned by someone within the 7 day return policy. So if you watch your local MC's website you can snag a MBP13 for as low as $900 at the cost of someone else having opened the box ahead of you. MC service personnel wipe the system and reload the OS so it's like it's brand new, and you lose up to a week or so of the initial one year Applecare.

This is how I bought my MBP13 -- $899 plus tax, warranty started a week before I bought it. I could tell someone had read the manual but the system itself is pristine. Note that refurbs are labelled differently; this was clearly shown as "Openbox: Complete" and I knew full well what I was buying. The $100 I saved paid for Parallels 6 and Mac Office 2011 (academic & Microsoft Select Agreement pricing through my school).

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's why I picked one up just a couple of weeks ago.

I got an unexpected Christmas bonus, and my local microcenter had the 13" MBP for 999. :D

Tough to pass up if you need a laptop and I'm very happy with the MBP. I owned a 2008 15" MBP (first unibody model) and while that was a great machine, I found it a bit too large for my needs.

This 13" model is great, has more expandability then the 13" MBA, an optical drive, larger storage, the display has a wider gamut and I have a backlit keyboard. All for much less then what I could get for a 13" MBA

8. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

i still hate the California tax and thus i cannot buy from here :D oh darn! :(

9. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I picked up one these in the Bergen, NJ microcenter for $999 and only 3.5% tax in that particular store. Great deal I bought it for my sister as her X-mas present.... she had to have it early since her PC was ridden with viruses and she needed to write some reports for school before christmas vacation. Great deal though.

10. phas3 macrumors 65816

? he's not being sensitive, and he also did not state he found this deal all by himself etc... who cares if it's old news, if the deal is still going what's a matter of reminding everyone about it?

11. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

i agree i was wondering if the deal at microcenter was over, and i just came to this forum and saw it and was like "oh its still up" and went to confirm it.

but is good to have reminders these days.

12. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Seriously, I would have bought one but I can't stand how glossy the 13" MBP display is, sigh.

13. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

yes..they have a website which will tell you prices and what they have in stock...

the $999 deal is highlighted there.

14. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Sweet ... one of the best deals I have ever seen ... I paid full price for mine:cool:

15. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

I just tried to get a local best buy to price match these guys, who are not even 20 miles away, and they said the do not price match if it is more than $200.

What DBs

16. deeddawg macrumors 604

*and* if you select your local store, the website will clearly show if they have any openbox systems available. It'll tell you if it's "complete" or not as well.

My experience in buying an openbox was that I had the opportunity to open the box and check the contents, as well as plugging the serial # (on the bottom) into https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do via my iphone browser to verify the remaining Applecare warranty.

I had to wait about a week or so of checking the website periodically before I saw an openbox MBP13 available at my store. The savings was worth the wait.

17. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I had the same situation at BB where I challenged their price-match. They tried to only offer me $100 off, but after about 15-20 minutes with the manager, I did ultimately get them to match it for $999.99.

I was prepared and brought a copy of their price-matching policy with that section highlighted as well as directed them to the microcenter website ON one of the MacBook Pros on display.

Also, they tried to say that MicroCenter was an online store and they don't match those. I then pointed out that there was a store also ~20 miles away. I had to almost calrify to them that MC was just like BB...and online and B&M store.

Try again! They can't change their corporate policy just because the deal seems too good!

18. FCPcutter thread starter macrumors newbie

Guys - I would never claim to have found or created this deal.

I reposted for a very simple reason.

I THOUGHT THE DEAL WAS OVER.

I even called store management to see if they'd match their Black Friday prices and the guy said... without missing a beat... "Everyday is Black Friday here at Micro Center". After I threw up a little in my mouth I drove over.

Good luck all. Now someone find a killer deal on an SSD for this baby. :)

19. SubaruNation555, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010

SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

Picked up one yesterday, hard to beat $100 off the student discounted price!

20. hypervish89 macrumors regular

Is this the mid-2010 model? Sorry, I'm kind of a noob, to the hardware itself. A few months ago i got my 13in. mid-2010 and i'm looking to buy another one sometime this week for my brother. So, if this is the latest version than I'm going to try and pick it up tomorrow.

21. fobis macrumors member

Yes.

22. nStyle macrumors 6502a

It's not more than $200... it's $200 exactly.

23. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

24. ldkaplan macrumors regular

ldkaplan

Do you read your posts before you submit?

Anyway, for the super price conscious, the deal from MacConnection is slightly better if you don't mind waiting for the rebates.

25. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy