Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B737

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
Cydia "airplane sbsettings toggle" just released...
but it crashes my phone... :(
for a minute i got all excited...

iphone 4.1 greenpois0n

anyone have luck with it?

MrThompsonR

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2009
The old/ current one works fine on my iP4 with 4.1...? I thought they updated this already? I like the way it only turns off the cellular radios(3G/ Edge) vs Bluetooth and Wifi also. I use a set of BT stereo headphones to listen to music/ watch video and when I don't want to be interrupted with phone calls, email/ SMS lerts or Notifications... I can click on AirPlane Mode in SBSettings without turning off the Bluetooth. I was Cydia a few times earlier today and didn't get an update available alert?

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I remember when I first installed SBSettings on my i4, and turned off airplane mode, it would just go into searching mode so I hid the toggle.

Decided to try it out again right now after seeing this thread and it does what the previous poster said. Turned off airplane mode and tried to make a call. Screen pops up saying "You must disable airplane mode to place a call". Edge/3G also shuts off but Wifi still works.

This actually seems more convenient than the new airplane toggle. Only thing missing is the airplane icon.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
will the real Airplane toggle please stand up

during 3.x i thought the phone toggle was airplane mode cause the plane would show up

but i found out in 4.x that it wasnt an airplane toggle at all

so im going to try this one out cause i dont use the default one

B737

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
Now I'm even more confused...
Is there one that is definitively working on iP4 4.1

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
From what I can see, the default Airplane toggle turns everything off except for Wifi and Bluetooth and doesn't give you and airplane icon.

The new airplane toggle (if it works) supposedly turns everything off and gives you the airplan icon.

B737

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
I hear ya, but I'm gathering from this thread that ppl are getting the toggles to actually work...

For me:
Default airplane mode toggle = searching
New toggle = crash

all well...

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
From what I can see, the default Airplane toggle turns everything off except for Wifi and Bluetooth and doesn't give you and airplane icon.

The new airplane toggle (if it works) supposedly turns everything off and gives you the airplan icon.

Can u try the new one out see if it works

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
Neither is working on my phone like the 3.x versions. On another note I do like that someone with a screen name of B737 is posting about airplane mode. :)

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land

The old one did in firmware versions 2 & 3 cause I remember it doing so. After mentioning here that it didn't work in 4, the SBS creator came in and kept denying that it ever did that, and he had no plans on fixing it.

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
lol yes it would save me a lot of trouble at work if it finally worked ;)

It's odd that so many hacks to allow the iPhone to amazing things exist but the airplane mode toggle for SBSettings is stumping people. LOL!

I wonder what changed so much that this is a problem for developers/code writers? I certainly couldn't do any better since I know nothing of that kind of thing but it's a little strange, isn't it? :)

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Well the default airplane toggle is definitely shutting off my phone/edge/3G (the signal bars, E, and 3G icons all dissapear when turned on) Can't make calls, check voicemails, use safari, youtube, etc..

My default airplane toggle used to go into searching mode when I turned it on when I first installed SBSettings but now it's definitely doing something. I'm still on 4.0 on my i4.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
This is what BigBoss says on their website regarding the airplane toggle.

SBSettings does not now nor has it ever had an airplane mode toggle. Instead, it has a phone toggle and a Wi-Fi toggle. To achieve something similar to airplane, simply turn off phone and turn off Wi-Fi. Whether or not you see the plane symbol in status bar is irrelevant. This was a side effect of how this worked in previous firmwares. In iOS4, you no longer see that symbol. Instead you see no service. What more would you expect when turning off phone? Other than the symbol not showing up, it’s the same as it was. The internal function call used is even the same. No, this should not cause additional battery drain.

On my phone, I don't see "no service" or "searching". The signal bars just dissapear instead.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I installed "Airplane SBSettings toggle" version 1.0 from Cydia today.. and it works perfectly. I even get the little airplane icon.

I am on an iphone 4 running 4.0.1

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
I installed "Airplane SBSettings toggle" version 1.0 from Cydia today.. and it works perfectly. I even get the little airplane icon.

I am on an iphone 4 running 4.0.1

interesting

mine crashes on i4 4.1

did anybody elses work on 4.1?

Heavy Fluid

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Works on iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 and shows Airplane icon. VERY COOL!!! Thanks for posting this up. This is what SBSettings needed!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.