New Android on AT&T - Aria

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carebearsx3, Jun 14, 2010.

1. truciet macrumors 6502

I think it's great. It's the HTC Legend in a EVO body with the Incredible's button.

What I don't understand is why people are still hating on AT&T. It's not the HTC Desire, but the Legend is fast and very nice. It's a lot better than the Hero right? I think it'll do well. We already know the Samsung Galaxy is coming. It's much better than the HTC Desire...

Oh well...can't please everyone...:rolleyes:

2. Glideslope Suspended

Glideslope

1) Verizon iPhone coming in Fall?

2) More likely: at&t see the writing on the wall. :apple:

3. OutlawImmortal macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

I see only one problem with it

its not an iphone:D

4. puppyflightclub macrumors 6502

5. skyehill macrumors 6502

Major problem with the iphone is that it's not running android. Can someone please rectify this. Iphone plus Android = win.

6. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

That is completely incorrect. If tons of Android phone's have better specs then the iPhone, then why can't they perform as well? It's the iphone OS that is the treat. Switch it around and put the iPhone OS on an HTC device and that would be nice.

7. Alxvasqz12 macrumors member

No verizon iphone this year. sorry pal;) switch to AT&T if you want one

8. skyehill macrumors 6502

Sorry, but iOS is the weakest phone OS have the majors. It's designed simply to be as simple as possible. In other words, an OS for babies. If you want customization and options, go Webos or Android, or even win mobile

9. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

What a lame Android phone. Does little old Sprint have a stranglehold on the best Android phone (EVO)? Does Verizon have an exclusive on the Droid Incredible?

10. phrint macrumors 6502

Another lame Android phone to go along with the Backflip. Maybe AT&T doesn't want to encroach on the iPhone. That's the only potential reason for these second-tier Android phones making it to AT&T. I was hopeful for some more options in terms of GSM Android phones. Looks like the best one to get for AT&T is still the one you can't order from them - the Nexus One.

11. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Ewwww. The EVO's body is exactly why I wouldn't want it. Too big!

12. mbell75 macrumors 6502

HTC's last 4 phones (Desire, Legend, Incredible and Evo) have been excellent. This however looks like a step back. 3.2 inch screen was great like 2 years ago. How does this work? Do the companies who pay HTC more get better phones or what? I think AT&T is still trying not to ruffle Apple's feathers. If they came out with a big boy phone like the Incredible or Evo, that would greatly cut into iPhone sales. Cant make Steve angry!

13. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Doubt it. Android has only done well in areas where the iPhone isn't. If the iPhone were on Verizon, Sprint, and/ or T-Mobile it would be a whole different story. Seems to me like we have an Android Fanboy on our hands, eh? :apple:

14. mbell75 macrumors 6502

Ummm yea. Thats because AT&T was too scared to put a REAL Android device up against the iPhone for fear of losing its exclusivity for it :rolleyes: Put the iPhone on Verizon where its competing with real phones like the Droid and Incredible and it doesnt do nearly as well. AT&T's phone lineup is garbage, so iPhone has no real competition.

15. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Agreed. I can't begin to tell you how many people I've spoken to who would love for the iPhone to be available on Verizon.

Sales would explode. The competition is benefiting from no direct competition with the iPhone on a per-carrier basis.

16. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

That's not coming from me, buddy. It's coming from people who know the market and who study it all the time. They know exactly what they're talking about. :apple:

Also, not to add fuel to the fire, but phones like the Evo, the Nexus One, the Droid, and the Incredible all seem to work perfectly don't they? Don't they? Of course, the iPhone has its flaws (it's stuck to AT&T - for now), but compared to the various Android phones, the latter is crap. Enough said, fanboy.

17. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Couldn't agree more.

18. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Hey hey people out there really like the Android OS a lot better than the iOS. I am one of those people who like the more openness of Android and the other nice stuff that can be done with it.

Well you have to agree on that fact. AT&T has been pretty limited on what smart phones it is willing to offer. Blackberries and iPhone are going after 2 very different markets and targets so they are not what I would call head to head.

As for the other phones AT&T non-iPhone and non-Blackberry offerings has been pretty much crap at best. Hell AT&T even over chargest for its Blackberries compared to everyone else. They give the iPhone a much MUCH sweeter discounted price than any of their other smart phones.

it is nice to finally see AT&T to FINALLY start offering a decent Android phone finally.

19. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

LOL. I went Android. Can't wait to get back on iPhone. Why do you think that is if Android is so clearly superior?

20. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

What? Like being able to add widgets, or...?

21. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I will say Aria very late arrival on AT&T is a prime example why I want the iPhone to go to the other carriers.
    I am sick of the non-iPhone smart phones on AT&T being treated as 2nd class citizens. I want some of the higher end smart phones to come to AT&T and to get better pricing deals on them.

I am happy with AT&T services but for a phone I honestly do not like the iPhone. I am a blackberry and Android fan myself. Just blackberry cost a lot more on AT&T and none of the the good Android phones really come to AT&T

22. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

What's so bad about iPhone? Oh, yeah. It needs to be open.

23. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Well, I don't know about this new phone, but I'd say it's more likely cause AT&T's droid phones they have gotten have sucked so far. The one I played with was annoying and completely not intuitive (wierd thing is it was totally different look than the EVO I played with or the Incredible which both had similar interfaces).

Talk to me when AT&T gets something equivelant to those two (I personally like the Incredible better, the EVO is just too big). Honestly, from all I've read on the internet anyways, it seems it's just those two which are both pretty recent that seem to get consistant favorable reviews compared to the iphone (also, was the incredible the first one with multi-touch support? I know it was some recent android phone. That's quite important honestly. I think that in itself was a huge leap to being comparable to the iphone).

24. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I just do not like it. To me it does not flow right for a phone and fails at the things i want it to do. It notifications are crap.

I like my iPod touch but for a phone I just do not like the iPhone.
    I do not go around telling people the iPhone sucks. I just point blankly said I do not want an iPhone and have zero desire for one.

I do not need to justify myself more than the fact that for me the iPhone is not a good phone. I do not go around saying it sucks. I never even bashed it (short of calling the notification system complete crap but that is pretty wildly agreed apron. )
    You are the one who have a problem. What is so hard about understanding the fact that I do not like it. I like blackberry and Android.
    Blackberry is not open so do not tell me that is the open issue. Now the blackberry I can do a lot more custom settings to get it the way I want it to be but I am also a self admitted geek and like those things.