Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FroYoSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2014
Los Angeles
Sound Booster is a simple yet powerful app for an enhanced audio experience on your Mac, focusing on the following three major features:

• Boosting the volume of all apps on your mac
  • System-wide equalizer
  • Changing the volume of individual apps to your liking
Here's a picture:
screen800x500.jpeg

And another one:
screen800x500.jpeg

I do have a limited number of promo codes available upon request, and the launch special price for Sound Booster is currently $5.99.

This is an initial release, so any feedback is welcome and appreciated. You can find out more information about Sound Booster on the official FroYoSoft website and/or the Mac App Store.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
I do have a limited number of promo codes available upon request, and the launch special price for Sound Booster is currently $5.99.

Hi,

I am interested in trying out your app. The individual app volume looks like a good feature. Could you please PM me a code?

Thanks.

FroYoSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2014
Los Angeles
So....you essentially do what Boom does - but cheaper for a single machine license?

I'm not a huge fan of direct comparisons to competitor products but since you brought it up, Sound Booster is like the combination of the best of Boom and Sound Bunny. It may not have as slick of an interface right now, but under the hood it's just as powerful (if not more so) than either one of those products.

Not to mention the current price is less than a quarter of their price tag, and it's more system resource friendly and less clutter because Sound Booster is doing the job of two apps in one.

But, you may say that I am biased. :) So if you'd like to try I would be happy to provide you with a promo code and you can verify for yourself.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Sound Booster is like the combination of the best of Boom and Sound Bunny. It may not have as slick of an interface right now

So if you'd like to try I would be happy to provide you with a promo code and you can verify for yourself.

With the screenshots you have posted here I prefer the look of your app to Boom, it's more 'Yosemite-like' and fits in better to Apple's new visual design philosophy. Boom is a bit garish in comparison.

However I can only judge on your screenshots because you haven't PMed me a promo code.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I have been provided a code by FroYoSoft and have now been using this app for a few days. It has made a significant difference to my iMac and the control I have over my internal speakers. Take note that I do not use any external speakers.

I like listening to my music while working away and have a wide range of music I like. From Classical right to Rock and then to Country. This app has provided me with the ability to listen to each style of music differently instead of the way Apple wants me to listen to it.

It does not turn your internal speakers in to Bose, but it sure improves the quality of the sound coming out of the internal speakers. I can not compare this to any other audio app, but would certainly recommend this one.

Thank you for the Promo! Really appreciated!

drubie

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2011
Would love a promo code as well.

Drew

Sound Booster is a simple yet powerful app for an enhanced audio experience on your Mac, focusing on the following three major features:

• Boosting the volume of all apps on your mac
  • System-wide equalizer
  • Changing the volume of individual apps to your liking
Here's a picture:
And another one:

This is an initial release, so any feedback is welcome and appreciated. You can find out more information about Sound Booster on the official FroYoSoft website and/or the Mac App Store.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Other than the one poster above has anybody actually received a promo code? Because I haven't despite requesting one a while ago.

And what happened to the other thread? Because I asked on there as well.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Other than the one poster above has anybody actually received a promo code? Because I haven't despite requesting one a while ago.

And what happened to the other thread? Because I asked on there as well.

Not sure where the other thread went. I had left feedback in regards to the app. Pretty much the same as I have left here. It is a pretty decent app. I just hope that the OP responds back to the request.

FroYoSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2014
Los Angeles
Hi,

I am interested in trying out your app. The individual app volume looks like a good feature. Could you please PM me a code?

Thanks.

I'd like a PM code as well. This might be the app I've been looking for.

I'll take a promo code, please

Looks very useful. I would love a promo code!

I'd be interested in trying it out. Can you please send me a code :)

steve23094, Tigerman82, Allograft, PBGPowerbook, and Mr. McMac: check your PMs, you have a promo code for Sound Booster. Enjoy! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.