Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

This week through January 31, new Apple Card customers can receive 5% Daily Cash back for purchases made through Apple compared to the 3% reward typically offered to customers.

apple-card-1-iPhone-13.jpg

New Apple Card customers who create an account between December 26 and January 31 will be eligible for the 2% higher cash back on iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac, iPad, and other purchases when paid in full. Customers will receive 3% Daily Cash back when paying via installments.

The new promotion is not available to existing Apple Card customers, who will continue to receive the standard 3% Daily Cash back rate.

Apple Card's Daily Cash is credited to customers daily and can be used as normal cash, sent to friends or family, or transferred to a bank account. Apple ran a similar promotion for all Apple Card users in 2019, but that year, it offered 6% Daily Cash back, double the standard rate.

Article Link: New Apple Card Customers Can Get 5% Cash Back on Apple Purchases

Last edited:

calvin_short

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2016
USA
The Majority of the people already purchased Apple products last week. Should have done it during the holidays. I guess the spending won’t stop.
I think that’s the point. People who bought products last week were going to regardless. This promotion is #1 to get more Apple Card users, and #2 to increase sales for people with holiday money and/or since this week may have lower sales than typical because so much shopping happened last week.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
The Majority of the people already purchased Apple products last week. Should have done it during the holidays. I guess the spending won’t stop.
Less people likely to buy those Apple products now vs during the holidays. This means less people to give the extra 2% bonus to.

In other words, Apple/Goldman Sachs doesn't have to pay out as much.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT

This week through January 31, new Apple Card customers can receive 5% Daily Cash back for purchases made through Apple compared to the 3% reward typically offered to customers.

apple-card-1-iPhone-13.jpg

New Apple Card customers who create an account between December 26 and January 31 will be eligible for the 2% higher cash back on iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac, iPad, and other purchases when paid in full. Customers will receive 3% Daily Cash back when paying via installments.

The new promotion is not available to existing Apple Card customers, who will continue to receive the standard 3% Daily Cash back rate.

Apple Card's Daily Cash is credited to customers daily and can be used as normal cash, sent to friends or family, or transferred to a bank account. Apple ran a similar promotion for all Apple Card users in 2019, but that year, it offered 6% Daily Cash back, double the standard rate.

Article Link: New Apple Card Customers Can Get 5% Cash Back on Apple Purchases
It should always be 5… this is why I mainly buy with my Amazon card

poematik13

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2014
The card is pretty weak compared to the competition. I basically just use it for whenever there's apple pay since it gets 2%

Reactions: NightFlight

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
I have a dumb question. How do you use you Daily Cash back? I got my 3% back from my MBP. Too bad it wasn't this 5% back, but I'm not gonna sweat it. It is what it is.

What is an issue for me is that I have no idea how to use that 3% back that I did get. I figured that I would get an option to apply my credit when making a purchase, but I didn't see that option.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
a CC account, not a new apple ID
Yes, that's what I meant.

I know it's a bonus for new Apple Card account holders who apply between December 26 and January 31. Taking a hit on your credit for lousy 2% bonus.... I'd save the hit for one of the $200 sign up bonuses from other credit cards unless you recently spent $10K or more with Apple.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Or, just get 5% off — and often with another discount — using a free Target Red Card.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Or, just get 5% off — and often with another discount — using a free Target Red Card.
I didn't know Target sold Macs.

I also didn't know the Red Card extended the warranty or offered accidental damage/theft protection like my AmEx card.

Last edited:

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
that's unfair to the early customers..

sort of Business 101. Why would I overpay on customer acquistion when I didn’t have to? If someone is willing to buy AirPods at 3% off, great! I’m happy to have earned their business. Those who didn’t, I’m willing to give them an extra 2% off for signing up for a credit card for a limited time only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.