MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has posted three new iPhone ads that aired on U.S. television tonight. The ads continue the theme of iPhone users talking about how they've used their iPhone:

kristin_300.png

Kristin

Bryce "Delay"
Kristin "The Winger"
Ken "My Show"

Article Link

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
The pilot one is so cheesy :p

"Yes I know you have an advanced weather system, but my iPhone is telling me this, so clearly I'm right"

mshepherd

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2004
Nice, but there is no way to post photos from your iphone to a website unless you have sort of .mac email gallery going on.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Fine. I'll be _that_ guy, and just say it:

Kristin, the Winger, is hot.

And you know what they say about ballet dancers?

You don't?

Me neither.

But I've gotta believe it's all good.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Not my favorite ads ever, but these three are way better than the first three.

irahodges

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2007
NC
i like that all these ads are targeting people and what they can do with it. I do think the pilot one is stupid though!

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003

You don't?

Me neither.

Pervert :p. Just kidding :). I like how Macrumors uses the picture of the attractive woman in the story . . . .

irahodges

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2007
NC
Nice, but there is no way to post photos from your iphone to a website unless you have sort of .mac email gallery going on.

Good point, maybe apple will change this soon. It would be awesome to open all files stored on your iphone to do anything with, even if it is just accessing from the browser for just such a thing as uploading photos or emailing documents.

kevnaca

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2007
i like that all these ads are targeting people and what they can do with it. I do think the pilot one is stupid though!

I agree that Apple is showing what people can do with the iPhone. But that Pilot one was such a mistake. Kinda reminds me of Switchers, remember that?

Rogzilla

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2007

You don't?

Me neither.

Oh good. I was worried I would have the be _that_ guy. Thanks buddy!

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007

That's my favorite one! The Pilot just threw the competence of tower controller under the bus on public television! I laughed for at least 5 minutes straight :)

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
That's my favorite one! The Pilot just threw the competence of tower controller under the bus on public television! I laughed for at least 5 minutes straight :)

I think that would be commercial television, not public television. I doubt that these ads will air on public television.

Okay, so I'm being nit picky tonight. So sue me.

Personally, I like the ads.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
Eh.

Not a big fan, but at least these ones actually showed the phone in action... WOW what a concept :rolleyes:

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
I think that would be commercial television, not public television. I doubt that these ads will air on public television.

Okay, so I'm being nit picky tonight. So sue me.

Personally, I like the ads.

Well! well in you Avatar pic your center of gravity is off too much toward the left hand side of your body, I think you would tumble with less then 40 pounds of pressure to your front. And the long red show belt you wear isn't very practical in a fight as it is begging to be grabbed and manipulated. Any keen martial artist would keep those "handles" tucked away or just wear a more practical belt! :p

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Kristin has never used an iPhone before this ad - if she has; it's only been for 2 seconds... her scrolling is not how a user does it.

She's quite cute though, for an American girl.

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL

You don't?

Me neither.

They're bendy? I dated a ballet dancer once - she was a bit of an airhead but fun nonetheless.

Back to the ads, they seem a little gooberish for my tastes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.