Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Isn't released until the 20th, unfortunately. :(
Well I thought the press may have got a hands on yesterday. I did manage to find this: http://www.slashgear.com/iphone-5s-and-5c-cases-hands-on-made-by-apple-10297394/

And...

"I also played with the leather cases on the iPhone 5S which come in a variety of colors. These are also suede lined inside and feel rigid, and I was told these are actual leather as well."

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7311/hands-on-with-the-new-iphone-5s

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
If I get one, it'll be gold with brown leather. unless gold turns out to not be durable, then i'll go with silver.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Well I thought the press may have got a hands on yesterday. I did manage to find this: http://www.slashgear.com/iphone-5s-and-5c-cases-hands-on-made-by-apple-10297394/

And...

"I also played with the leather cases on the iPhone 5S which come in a variety of colors. These are also suede lined inside and feel rigid, and I was told these are actual leather as well."

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7311/hands-on-with-the-new-iphone-5s

Interesting finds! I have high hopes for the leather case.

asthamapheo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2013
has anyone seen the case for the iphone 5C, GOD!, that's ugly, apple should have hired a better designer.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Seems like a very nice case. I may be interested in the future, but I can't see myself putting a case on my naked iPhone anytime soon.

eeguh

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
I really like the attention to detail with the holes at the bottom for speaker, mic, etc.

Going to get the black one. Black on black. :)

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I have a white 5 with a slim white Pinlo slice which I've been extremely happy with for the last year. However, I might be tempted by either the blue or red leather case. Looks very form fitted to the phone. Just wonder if it would be best to leave it alone or treat with leather protector to avoid stains.

Vidd

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2006
They look really nice. My conundrum is that the white looks better in these shots. :(

McPc

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
CA
I like this case. My only apprehension is how well it will continue to hug/grip the phone after a lot of use slipping in and out of pockets and such.

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
Really... People? You are excited for an overpriced Apple case? Remember the bumper case that cost $29? It looked great and colorful at first then after few weeks time it disintegrated and lost its cool and color very quickly. As for me nothing else stood out as much as Speck cases.

Best to go naked, I've spent enough dollars on cases, got tired of it. Why cover up something in plastic that's been given so much time to design and thought. Just my 2 cents, I haven't dropped my iPhone 5 yet in a year, had Zagg front and back that's it.

marylpn

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
Champaign iPhone

I think it is beautiful, however really doesn't matter if I'm putting a case on it for protection....you won't see it anyway#

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Shame to cover up the beautiful phone but it does help protect it. And I do like the looks of these new leather cases. I see myself picking up a couple.

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
I will buy a black iphone with thr black case, the perfect combo jeje. Does anyone know if the 5s dock will work with this case?
It's a shame that they didn't do a bumper, or a leather bumper :) jejejeje

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I will buy a black iphone with thr black case, the perfect combo jeje. Does anyone know if the 5s dock will work with this case?
It's a shame that they didn't do a bumper, or a leather bumper :) jejejeje

I doubt it. It's a shame, Apple makes a phone, a case and a dock and the three can't be used together. I'd suggest you look for 3rd party dock options. Apple is all about things "just working" but they really put out a sad excuse for a dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.