Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today filed unreleased iPhone and iPad models in the Eurasian Economic Commission database, as spotted by French blog Consomac.

iPad-Air-Feature-2-green.jpg

The filings likely represent the rumored third-generation iPhone SE, fifth-generation iPad Air, and potentially more. The unreleased iPhone models have the identifiers A2595, A2783, and A2784, while the unreleased iPad models have the identifiers A2588, A2589, A2591, A2696, A2757, A2759, A2761, A2766, and A2777.

eec-jan-2022.jpeg

Eurasian Economic Commission filings like these have foreshadowed the release of new Apple products on numerous occasions over the years, including several Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch, and AirPods models. The filings are legally required for any devices that offer encryption sold in Russia and select other countries.

The third-generation iPhone SE is expected to have the same design as the current iPhone SE, including a 4.7-inch display. Key new features rumored for the device include the same A15 Bionic chip as iPhone 13 models and 5G support.

The fifth-generation iPad Air is expected to adopt features from the sixth-generation iPad mini, including an A15 Bionic chip, 12-megapixel Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage support, 5G for cellular models, and Quad-LED True Tone flash.

Article Link: New Apple Products Filed in Regulatory Database, Likely Including New iPhone SE and iPad Air

Last edited:
Reactions: rui no onna

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I don’t think Apple will introduce the same color for the iPhone SE as last year.

I agree with you. Deep colors like Orange or even bronze would be nice.

Bronze is one of those colors I can see Apple dropping and then, overnight, everything from computers to toasters will draft of Apple’s bronze. I’m imagining them adopting a fairly dark bronze - if they did go that route.

Last edited:

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Sold my air because I love the mini 6 so much. Here’s hoping it at least catches up.
Oh man… Over the holidays I was tempted by that new mini. Ended up staying put without. I’m really interested in Pencil support as I’m looking to get back into sketching more and curious about a more digital component to my sketching.

Edit (after @orbital~debris Liked): I would add to this a not-at-all-popular request in these forums: Pencil support on the Pro line of iPhone. A) these devices are now large enough where something like sketch capability begins to make sense and B) would make for a legit differentiator Apple marketing would be able to easily message. My Pro 13 is practically the same size as Field Notes - which I use (and love) daily. If this were to happen, I would jump up to Pro Max (for the first time) next cycle, without question.

Last edited:

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
My iPad Air 4 has been nothing but solid these past 18 months or so.

Not sure there's anything in Air 5 that would make me upgrade. Centre stage is nice, but not essential.
Yes same, my day 1 Air 4 has literally turned into my main computing device, just love it to bits, just does everything i need it to without any issues at all. I have a feeling Apple will give the Air 5 something extra than the just speculated 5G, A15 and Centre stage updates. Maybe re-introduce the X chip, so A14X maybe (not as powerful as the M1 of course), OLED panel, Face ID (god i hope not), 90 Hz refresh rate… something along these lines.

Duncan-UK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2006
Yes same, my day 1 Air 4 has literally turned into my main computing device, just love it to bits, just does everything i need it to without any issues at all. I have a feeling Apple will give the Air 5 something extra than the just speculated 5G, A15 and Centre stage updates. Maybe re-introduce the X chip, so A14X maybe (not as powerful as the M1 of course), OLED panel, Face ID (god i hope not), 90 Hz refresh rate… something along these lines.
Why should they do that? It would eat into the potential market for the 11 inch pro.

Reactions: sorgo †

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
was hoping the ipad pro would be on that list as well maybe it will come in March/April too..as well as the updated iMac Pro

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
Yes, I'm hoping for an updated 11-inch iPad Pro with a mini LED screen!

I was going to buy the 12.9 inch ipad pro last yr but when I Heard about the blooming issue I didnt get it..so whatever they release this year I hope it fixes that

bodonnell202

macrumors 68020
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
9 iPad Air versions?
Was thinking that too - why so many model numbers for the iPad?? Usually there's one model number for the Wi-Fi only and 2-3 for the cellular (with different bands for different regions). Makes me think there's more than one new iPad coming in the spring, but all the other iPad models are under a year old. Only ones that are getting close to a year old are the Pros?

Captain_Mac

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2021
I thought it would get the A16 later in the year... Well guess I'm waiting for the next generation iPad Pro then... It will have much better hardware too.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
Was thinking that too - why so many model numbers for the iPad?? Usually there's one model number for the Wi-Fi only and 2-3 for the cellular (with different bands for different regions). Makes me think there's more than one new iPad coming in the spring, but all the other iPad models are under a year old. Only ones that are getting close to a year old are the Pros?

I hope so..I hope they release an updated ipad pro too

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
After some weeks using an iPhone 13 mini, I’ve gotten to love the gorgeous OLED screen. It will hurt a bit when I get back to an LCD display, but if this SE 3 offers a good value, I will get it just because of Touch ID.

BanjoDudeAhoy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2020
I was contemplating getting a new iPad Air.
Maybe I should wait. Then again, I’m after the green version and if they make the green like the green on the iPhone 12 (as opposed to 11) then that’s going to be a bit disappointing.

bodonnell202

macrumors 68020
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I was contemplating getting a new iPad Air.
Maybe I should wait. Then again, I’m after the green version and if they make the green like the green on the iPhone 12 (as opposed to 11) then that’s going to be a bit disappointing.
I'm worried that they will match the colors of the current Mini, in which case there will be no colors that interest me. I'm fine with my 4th gen blue Air for a while though so...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.